nature video using resolve ACES @ISO 112

Started by 70MM13, December 01, 2019, 05:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70MM13

introducing a new ISO!

timbytheriver and I are working together on refining the amplifier gain optimization, and here is my first video using the newest settings.

the results are simply beautiful...

see for yourself how rich and detailed the shadows are, and how the incredible richness holds up in the blacks even when the clouds roll in during the second half of the video --  all while the bright sunshine is completely relaxed!

as always, NO noise reduction of any kind.

i'm currently filming a dark in-studio video to really show what this new iso can do.  coming soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfYa2sKb0bo

DeafEyeJedi

Simply stunning and yet the blacks are just as magnificent as it can be!  :-X

Quote from: 70MM13 on December 01, 2019, 05:56:54 PM
i'm currently filming a dark in-studio video to really show what this new iso can do.  coming soon!

8)
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

timbytheriver

Beauty, punch and depth!

And the video ain't half bad either... ;)  :P
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

ZEEK

Nice tree talks, heals my mind ;D
Great quality coming out of the camera, and of course your editing. Looks great! :)
EOS M

70MM13

Luther

Very nice. There seems to me that it has a little imbalance on tint (green/magenta) on the shadows and midtones, but it's indeed very clean. The scene between 3min15s to 3min30s (when the sun hides behind the clouds) is very impressive how the camera still holds the DR well, even though it just dropped like 4-stops.
Nice job, and also thanks to @timbytheriver for refining the ADTG research.

ps: in ~4min30s you talk about plant communication. AFAIK, this is normally done by fungi (see Mycorrhiza).
pps: nice overcoat ;)

70MM13

you've got a great eye.  the greens thing is my doing, 100%.  i was having a little fun with the colours in resolve, just for kicks!

:)

PS: i talk about the mushroom connection in an earlier episode.  this is a different thing altogether.  i often see evidence of trees connecting roots and even supplying nutrients to each other!  there's a lot going on underground ;)