[HW PROBLEM] No more film mode on my 550D

Started by Cricchio, August 31, 2012, 12:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cricchio

Panic...my camera won't go to film mode anymore but will go to close-up instead. Kind of reprogrammed itself and film mode it's gone. Any idea on what I can do? I m sure reinstalling the software would fix it. Any advice? I tried with and without magiclantern and still nothing it is not there anymore, really weird!!! Instead it will go to close-up mode but in the close-up there is still close-up mode so they didnt swap either  :-[ is there anything I can do for it? What I ve done lately: few timelapses and i got a new 64gb transcend card i formatted as Fat32 put magic lantern and when i out it on no film mode anymore. I thought it was the new card so i put the old 32gb and same removed all the cards and again same result. Please help me out i have filming coming soon :(

Cricchio

Fixed now it was more a physical problem than software related. I played a bit with the dial and after a while went back to normal. Still not right but happy now thanks

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

Cricchio

problem is back again >:( when you turn the dial to movie mode it goes to close_up mode instead. so no more movie mode for me. it worked this morning but gone again

nanomad

What's close up mode? Try deleting ML config from the card
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Cricchio

Is not a magic lantern related issue, it does it also with no cards at all or with card with no magic lantern. It seems he went mad sometimes works for few seconds and then back as before

nanomad

As a last resort clear camera settings and a firmware update with canon's latest firmware
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5