The RAW videos I shot are invisble on my memory card

Started by jfufufj, November 08, 2019, 11:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfufufj

Hey guys,

I'm new to Magic Lantern. After installed the Nightly build 1.1.3 for my Canon 5D3, I loded the RAW video shooting modules (mlv_play, mlv_rec, mlv_snd), and shot few videos with it (it always stops that 10 seconds and says frame skipped, stopping, but that another problem). Then I connected my camera to PC using data cable, the video was definitely recorded on the card as it took spaces of the card (fig.1), yet i checked every folder (hidden item is visible) and there is nothing, every folder is empty (fig.2).

I'm just so confused, how did this happen and how to solve it? anyone has ever got the same issue? Thanks for help in advance!

(fig.1)
(fig.2)

Walter Schulz

You can't transfer MLV files via USB. Canon doesn't offer that option. Period.
- Complicated way around: Use a LUA_fix build and rename MLV (M00, M01, ..) to MOV (or another file supported by Canon) and transfer them via USB.
- Just use a decent cardreader.

Second method's pros:
- It's faster. Depending on card type you are not limited to below 20 MByte/s transfer rate but somewhere > 100 MByte/s.
- As long as you are not using wall plugged power supplies: It doesn't drain your battery during transfer.
Cons: You need an additional device.

Some decent cardreaders were reviewed here: www.cameramemoryspeed.com
I can recommend Kingston FCR-HS4.