Record Delay (more than 10 seconds!)

Started by iheartbmx, November 05, 2019, 05:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iheartbmx

Hey guys, I love magic lantern but I'm in need of a recording timer longer than 10 seconds. I'm not sure how this isn't needed by anyone else but it would be great as I'm wasting precious card space while i setup shots of myself walking far from the camera. Thanks to anyone who can help to add this and all the dev's!

andy kh

I misunderstood u sorry deleted wat i had written
5D Mark III - 70D

Walter Schulz

Don't be frightened to do it yourself (I bet you will be anyway)!

There are 2 options:
1) Setup a development environment and edit source mlv_rec.c according to your needs. Then build your own ML. You will find the instructions and scripts written by dfort and others easy to follow.
Change case 3:
            start_delay = 10; break;
        default:
            start_delay= 0; break;

to

case 3:
            start_delay = 10; break;
case 4:
            start_delay = 37; break
        default:
            start_delay= 0; break;

37 is just an example, do as you like.

2. Load lua.mo, restart and start "Movie Delayed Start" from Scripts tab.
Then switch to Movie tab where you will find an entry "Delayed start" with "Delay Amount" from 0s to 10 min. Don't forget to check "Stop after"!

PS: Next time asking for a feature you should first check if there is a script for it. If there is you have to explain why it doesn't fit your needs.
Don't forget to mention the build you want to be changed.
Don't forget to mention the tab, module (if any), menu item, submenu item  you want to have changed. There is a ton of menu items around and sometimes they sound pretty similiar and we may have no idea what you are talking about.

iheartbmx

Quote from: Walter Schulz on November 05, 2019, 07:25:03 PM
Don't be frightened to do it yourself (I bet you will be anyway)!

There are 2 options:
1) Setup a development environment and edit source mlv_rec.c according to your needs. Then build your own ML. You will find the instructions and scripts written by dfort and others easy to follow.
Change case 3:
            start_delay = 10; break;
        default:
            start_delay= 0; break;

to

case 3:
            start_delay = 10; break;
case 4:
            start_delay = 37; break
        default:
            start_delay= 0; break;

37 is just an example, do as you like.

2. Load lua.mo, restart and start "Movie Delayed Start" from Scripts tab.
Then switch to Movie tab where you will find an entry "Delayed start" with "Delay Amount" from 0s to 10 min. Don't forget to check "Stop after"!

PS: Next time asking for a feature you should first check if there is a script for it. If there is you have to explain why it doesn't fit your needs.
Don't forget to mention the build you want to be changed.
Don't forget to mention the tab, module (if any), menu item, submenu item  you want to have changed. There is a ton of menu items around and sometimes they sound pretty similiar and we may have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks! and I'll be sure to be more specific next time. And yes I am frightened to do this myself!