5dMkII Odd frame stretching issue

Started by Stiego, October 04, 2019, 06:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiego

Hi Guys,

I've followed all the basic settings for getting Magic Lantern on to the 5d MkII and gone through the default set up using a Komputer Bay 64Gb 1066x card. I am using the latest build from 2018 in case thats important.

Everything looks okay but I'm getting this really strange frame stretching issue which is usually in the lower half of the frame. It basically looks like there's been a tear across the image and the image has stretched to cover it up and it seems to happen every 6/7 frames. From reading the forums I'm guessing its some kind of buffering issue but its not something I've found any way to fix or other people having this issue.  :(

Here is a link, https://anonymousfiles.io/f3oWFFi0/

Any help would be most appreciated.

S

Stiego

Wow, no replies still. I was hoping this was something quite common and easy to fix like reducing the resolution or messing with bitrates.

Bender@arsch

We need more information about:

1. Camera/magic lantern settings

2. Card is original? Maybe card speed test helps.

3. Post-production workflow

This bug is always or sometimes? Did you test different settings? Only with raw movie?...

Stiego

All camera settings are set to what is recommended for use with using Magic Lantern on the 5d Mk II. High light tone priority is off, auto lighting optimizer is off, etc.

The problem is present as soon as I have copied the files over to a relatively new MSI laptop with an SSD, and open up the files in MLV app.

The card is original as was bought directly from KomputerBay through Amazon.

The bug is happening every time I try to shoot video using the module MLV 2.0, but I just turned that off along with MLV_snd. Testing video with MLV v1.1 there is no issues with the frame tearing.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?