CANON 7D advice

Started by slash123, August 28, 2019, 11:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slash123

Hello. I write for advice. I would like to take a 7d to shoot raw video. 200 euros with 100,000 shots taken. do you think it's worth it?
Thank you all.

Walter Schulz

Pro: CF write rates with fast cards at least as good as overclocked SDs. Sturdy beast.
Con: Digic 4 -> No 4k_crop mode. No Dual-ISO video. No HDR video. No articulating display.

Frankly: My 100D offers a lot more RAW video options with 4k_crop builds delivered by Danne and dfort. And M offers mounting a lot of manual lens types via passive adapters.

slash123

which model do you recommend?

Walter Schulz

Depends on your needs/expectations/budget. If you care to share yours someone might come up with a not-so-generic answer.

slash123

-Economic. I thought I was taking a used body. I already have a 6d with various Sigma ARt and canon lenses.
-High resolution.
- best image quality.

slash123

hi, in the end I bought the 7d.  I can use it with the lenses I already have and with the batteries I already have.  I would like to ask you if there is an experimental firmware that allows you to record at 10 bits.  on the net I found some videos but I didn't find any reference to any build.

Thanks

domo94

Let me know if you need some answers to any questions since you've made your decision!

IDA_ML

Slash123,

Please read from here on:

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9848.msg226156#msg226156

You will find what you need.  Congratulations to buying this fantastic camera!  You will not regret!