Hunter vs Pedro | EOS M Raw + Tokina 11-16

Started by belalkhansocial, August 27, 2019, 03:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belalkhansocial

A little action from this past Sunday. Had some fun with my Tokina 11-16 on my EOS M.

Shot MCM Rewire 1080
Tokina 11-16mm at 11mm f2.8 ISO 400
(no speed booster, ~18mm effective focal length)
Moza Aircross gimbal
(normal node upside down)

KirbyLikes525

Very clean video with a cool perspective. How does the long takes affect the EOS M's temperature? Was this the beginning, middle, or end of shooting for that session? (I'm super paranoid I'm going to do permanent heat damage to my Mark II)
5D Mark II
10 bit 12 bit Experimental Build

belalkhansocial

This was maybe 10 minutes into the shooting session, and I had shot maybe 35 minutes in total.

I haven't had any overheating issues. But then again I've never shot more than 40 minutes of footage at a time.

I do feel my gear get warm maybe after 30 minutes though. But I only notice it when I'm changing my battery which doesn't last very long anyway.

The longest take I've ever shot was maybe 15 minutes. In either case it hasn't been an issue for me.

But I would play it by ear if I were you, especially since you're dealing with a different camera than I am.

You feel it's getting too hot, let it cool for a bit and then resume.

KirbyLikes525

Does the EOS M ML view not have a temperature readout? (The Mark II does but depending on the shoot, I have to at least finish the take before giving it a rest a couple minutes)
5D Mark II
10 bit 12 bit Experimental Build

belalkhansocial

It does have a temperature readout, but I don't know what temperature is "danger zone."