5d Mark III vs GH4 for professional work

Started by marxandre, March 31, 2022, 06:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marxandre

So, I had an EOS M for some time, it was my first camera and I really enjoyed using ML on it, but recently it got stolen so I'm in need of a new camera, I'm a film student so I'd like something with high flexibility in post like ML RAW footage for short films, but I also want to work professionally in weddings for example so I also need a camera with passable autofocus for stills

I know that there is a big gap in price between the two cameras in the US, but here in Brazil I found both for around the same price.

My question basically is if anyone here uses the 5D Mark III with magic lantern professionally in situations where you can't just reshoot something, like weddings, or if you'd rather settle down for something less flexible but more reliable (in the sense that it wont ever fail to record a clip) like the GH4.

marxandre

also, one thing that i feel that is important to say is that I have absolutely no problem investing in MFT, I really loved the GH6 so investing earlier in some lenses wouldn't be half bad, but of course there's the dynamic range advantage of full frame that makes me want the 5dMKIII, the only thing keeping me from buying it is the fear of having the camera crash on me while I'm shooting or something like that.