Canon t5 focus box

Started by ThatGuyRooT, July 09, 2019, 03:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGuyRooT

i am very new to DSLR, and i see hundreds of posts, but i have no idea what any of the language means.   I need someone to explain this to me in "dumb person" english, please.

I am trying to use my t5 as a secondary webcam.  I have an Elgato Cam-Link and using SLOBS.  I can get the video signal to the pc, no issues there.  But i am seeing a copy of the entire LCD. 
I had cleared off everything, but was still getting the facial recognition box popping up. I have tried everything, and the only thing that works is to flip the camera upside down, but i dont have a way to mount the camera upside down (yet).

I found Magic Lantern after hours of searching so I downloaded a Nightly Build, and flashed the firmware to 1.0.2, copied everything over, and flashed it. ... but no clue what im doing with it.

now, i cant get the screen to display on the LCD while its plugged into the HDMI,  and still have no idea how to remove the focus square.

My goal....To remove the focus box without having to flip the camera and buy some crazy mount.

thanks!

Walter Schulz

ML menu -> Display screen -> Clear overlays
Using HDMI and LCD at the same time is not implemented.