Simple (not raw) full hd video on eos m?

Started by site-eks, June 26, 2019, 03:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

site-eks

Can I get plain full hd .mov video with fps override on my eos m? Or ML only records RAW?

2blackbar

yes you can but without sound if you dont use the same fps that you used in canon menu which is strange because i dont know situation where i would prefere to not have audio at all, it should be recorded separately if cant be merged with h264 stream in mov containter IMO .
After double test it looks like if you have 30fps in canon menu then you wont get sound at all with any fps override values even 30 and 29.97.
If you have 25 in canon menuy you can use fps override 23.976 and 25 to get sound.
If you use expo override to get all shutter speeds you wont get sounds with any fps override settings  tbut its a bit bugy, now i cant get sound if shutter is anything else than 50 and even on 50 sometimes theres no sound.

site-eks

thanx for tips! I need stable sound, so fps override is not for me) when canon set to 25 and override to 'truly' 24fps, there is no sound too

2blackbar

there is with raw, maybe if you would ask Danne on canon M topic then he could add function to record wav file when fps override is used with h264, he did a lot of great things with M.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg218007;topicseen#msg218007.

dfort

Quote from: site-eks on June 29, 2019, 12:44:28 AM
...I need stable sound...set to 25 and override to 'truly' 24fps...

Why don't you set the Canon menu to 24? Sure, it actually records 23.976 but it isn't really 100% accurate and should be close enough to "true" 24fps for most purposes.

BTW, most cameras can't record "exactly" at the pulled down speed. The formula is:
24000/1001=23.976023976023976...

Yeah, it would be easier if this old NTSC issue was discarded when things went digital but that's what we've got to live with.