['Insert clickbait here']

Started by LoO93, June 19, 2019, 05:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoO93

SPECS:

• shot on the 5D Mark III with a sigma art 35mm
  • shot in 1296x1080 in 14bit at 23,976 fps
  • the files were mounted w/ MLVFS, graded in DaVinci and edited in Premiere

I hope you guys enjoy it and I'd be glad to get some feedback!

Thanks again to the magic lantern community for being so awesome and making all of this even possible!

ngemu

Absolutely stunning. I think i've watched it 3 times now back to back. I even feel more youthful and refreshed after watching it.

You are a talented man!

What stabilizer did you use? How much time did it take you to edit all the videos? just a single 35mm for all the shots?

allemyr

Agree above! Very well made! Will watch it again, feeling very inspired after watching! Great work  8)

LoO93

Thank you very much @allmyr and @ngemu for your kind words! It's the first time I get such comments and I'm really happy to hear so :)

Quote from: ngemu on June 20, 2019, 03:55:21 AM
What stabilizer did you use? How much time did it take you to edit all the videos? just a single 35mm for all the shots?

• All shots were filmed with my bare hands (no gimbal nor glidecam) and stabilized in post
  • Some of the clips are about one year old, the grading of each location took about 2-3 hrs each and the whole cut around 72 hrs. Even tough is hard to tell exactly how long each step took since there's been much back and forth in the process of grading and cutting due to trial and error
  • And finally yes, just a single 35mm lens has been used for all the shots! ;) (apart from the old DV-clips of course)

allemyr

Watched it a few times more, really like the edit! What music is it?

Good job on the handheld stabilisation. Did you go by inlines or skateboard while filming? Its really looking like a glidecam and didnt spot the post "warp stabilizer" or similar.

Great edit!

yourboylloyd

This was really really good. Your shots were incredibly smooth and sharp. I don't know how you got those kinds of shot WITHOUT a gimbal. Your hands are impressive haha.

You just made me realize something. The nicest thing about shooting with Magic Lantern is you can shoot close to a square if you want to, which is great for social media and phones! You can even shoot anamorphic and make it go back to 16:9 if you wanted!
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

KirbyLikes525

Was your resolution a creative decision or technical decision (continous record @14bit, post-process stabilization, etc)? Either way, it works really well. Great cinematography! Is that Warp stabilizer or another effect?
5D Mark II
10 bit 12 bit Experimental Build

LoO93

Thank you very much again guys for your nice comments! I didn't expect that.

Since many questions also refer to the stabilization process, let me say that it took a me few years to get this result from my bare hands. After many stabilizations, u get to understand what the software likes and what it loathes. Of course u can't film everything with that technique, since not everything can be stabilized. But restriction promotes creativity, so I can get along with that compromise :)

Quote from: allemyr on August 01, 2019, 10:22:52 PM
What music is it?
It's written in the title of the video...  ;)

Quote from: allemyr on August 01, 2019, 10:22:52 PM
Did you go by inlines or skateboard while filming?
I made all of the shots on my inline-skates (apart from the one shot of me where my friend used his skateboard).

Quote from: yourboylloyd on August 02, 2019, 12:59:28 PM
The nicest thing about shooting with Magic Lantern is you can shoot close to a square if you want to, which is great for social media and phones!
Independently of social media, that's also what I love about ML, having that total freedom when it comes to aspect ratio. Also being able to shoot narrower than 21:9 is amazing. :P

Quote from: KirbyLikes525 on August 02, 2019, 04:35:46 PM
Was your resolution a creative decision or technical decision ?
Purely creative.

Quote from: KirbyLikes525 on August 02, 2019, 04:35:46 PM
Is that Warp stabilizer or another effect?
Warp.

wib

Wow very fresh !

I like the format you choose. Very indie.

Nice job for stabilizing all in post ;)
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123