Monitor to color grade in 4:4:4

Started by ibrahim, June 05, 2019, 08:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibrahim

Hi,

I want to build a budget-friendly home color grading studio with 2 monitors, one of which is the preview monitor in 1080p or 1440p. I have been looking for some benq and eizo models but most seem to have problem with compability with video cards (decklink cards) which I intend to use to get clean 10 bit 4:4:4 signal while color grading. I haven't found any solution in forums even after many compability complaints there I haven't found any solution to these.
My budget for the preview monitor is 2k-2.5k US dollars and for the other monitor used to timeline, editing and scopes below 1k US dollars. I need my preview monitor to have true 10-bit display, 3d-LUT, good black levels for professional use.

Q1: Is the uncompressed/lossless 14-bit raw cinemaDNG obtained from say MLVapp a 4:4:4 RGB or a 4:4:4 YUV signal?

Q2: Do you guy know anyone who has managed to make a specific brand of monitor to work on the decklink?
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600