Canon EOS 70D (1.1.2) - No Sound - magiclantern-Nightly.2018Dec24.70D112

Started by rozel, June 03, 2019, 12:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rozel

Hi

Complete noob here although historically on an older camera (some years ago now), I have had some experience running ML.  Over the past few weeks I have been getting to grips with shooting RAW Video with my 70D.  I get recorded video but I cannot get any sound whatsoever.  I set ML to its defaults after playing around a bit and have reloaded these modules ONLY: -  file_man  :  mlv_play  :  mlv_rec  :  mlv_snd  :  pic_view

I get video .mlv files and corresponding .idx files.  When loading an .mlv file into MLVapp, no sound has been recorded.  Not sure when recording with sound, if sound files should be saved.  I have turned the "Beep" setting off in the Canon menu and have set MLV Sound to on in the ML Audio module and Raw video (MLV) to on and for testing, have been shooting at 1280x720 resolution.  I have tried higher resolutions but I get the same results - no sound.

Having searched and searched I cannot find anything pointing to what I'm doing incorrectly.  Can someone point me in the right direction please?  I'd be very grateful
EOS 70D - firmware 1.1.2

rozel

As I said I am a complete noob and so, because there haven't been any replies, I'm guessing this was a stupid question.  Please can someone give me a pointer as to whether it was stupid or not - I am really trying with this - thanks
EOS 70D - firmware 1.1.2

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

rozel

Thanks for replying.  Been away over the weekend so first opportunity to reply.  In the Audio Tab MLV Sound is ON - sampling rate 48kHz and trace output ON.  And  the audio meters are working, responding to external sound ok.  As far as I can see this is the only sound option and don't see any other option in the modules I have loaded above.   Not sure what I'm doing wrong but after recording, I just see an .mlv file.
EOS 70D - firmware 1.1.2

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

rozel

Well (as always it seems, these things have a habit of resolving themselves lol) last night, I took another video and this morning imported the .mlv file into MLVapp and voila - Sound!  Previously these files had no sound.

Not sure what has caused this, but I'm well pleased.  Need to do some more work now :)

Thanks for your support
EOS 70D - firmware 1.1.2