Install Nightly build + Experimental on 5d2

Started by martevenere, May 31, 2019, 12:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martevenere

Hi greetings,

there is a little confusion for me with the ML version.

1. Magic Lantern dosen't exist anymore, the living project is now called 'nightly build' , right ? what is it the difference between  (in short) ?

2. i would like to try 3k video on mine 5d2, so IS IT RIGHT to download the stable version of 'Nightly B.' (no error) : magiclantern-Nightly.2018May01.5D2212
    copy the files in a temporary folder and COPING OVER this : magiclantern-crop_rec-3k-1080p-5D2-eXperimental.2019Feb01.5D2212 OR THIS : magiclantern-lua_fix.2019Mar20.100D101.zip ???

3. is there ANY suggestion to avoid some action with the firmware that is reknown to be  dangerous ?

THANK YOUUU

Walter Schulz

You're mixing up things!

1) I suppose you refer to Magic Lantern version 2.3 (also called "stable") which is outdated and no longer supported. Magic Lantern is the name of the project and the software.
"Nightly Build" refers to ML's devs own take on a software development/release model called "rolling release".
Some features not available in "stable": Auto-AF microadjust (for the cameras supporting microadjust), full resolution silent pics (FRSP), Dual-ISO, raw movie recording.
LUA scripting language
More cams supported (Digic IV and V)

2) Again: "Stable" and "nightly" are contradictory. And Lua_fix build doesn't contain crop_rec_4k! If zip contains ML-SETUP.FIR you can use the install instructions for nightly without copying.

3. After shutting off cam do not immediately remove card. Wait some seconds for write operations ending. And Magic Lantern is not firmware ...

martevenere

hi...

so if i'm interesting basically in nightly version , i'm must copy on the sd card before this

1. magiclantern-Nightly.2018May01.5D2212
(that have 0 error on 5d2)

2. then copy and overwriting on the sd card  experimental version to use :
for example this  : magiclantern-crop_rec-3k-1080p-5D2-eXperimental.2019Feb01.5D2212
or this : magiclantern-lua_fix.2019Mar20.100D101.zip

thank you

Walter Schulz

Install magiclantern-crop_rec-3k-1080p-5D2-eXperimental.2019Feb01.5D2212 without nightly.
This version is an experimental build, not main development branch called nightly build.

I have no idea what you mean by "that have 0 error on 5d2". No dev would make such a claim.