Function signature changed - best approach in ML code?

Started by names_are_hard, May 27, 2019, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

names_are_hard

I think for 200D that the signature for LoadCalendarFromRTC() has changed. In older cams it looks to take a single argument, a pointer to struct tm. For 200D I see it as taking 5 arguments, with the 5th being the pointer to the struct.

I have two questions: am I right about the sig change? I think LoadCalendarFromRTC() is at 0xe05cd1fe in 200D. A useful comparison point is 0xe00742fc 200D, which == 0xff885058 50D - both call LoadCalendarFromRTC().

Second, and more important; how should I generally handle this problem? Are there existing examples of function signatures differing across camera models that I could copy?
- I could maybe write a 200D specific wrapper function that takes one arg and supplies the extra ones to the real call.  I believe it's possible to have platform/XXX functions override src/ functions?  I haven't tried this yet.
- I could use lots of #ifdef CONFIG_200D whenever LoadCalendarFromRTC() is called.  This seems very ugly.
- I could have an #ifdef CONFIG_200D macro that mangles calls of LoadCalendarFromRTC() to have 5 params and guesses values for the other 4.  I hate this idea.