Music Video / 6D / 14-bit Lossless MLV - Yungammo | BOTH WAYS

Started by Tyronetheterrible, May 22, 2019, 01:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyronetheterrible

A music video that I shot for a local music artist at Winnipeg's Fort Garry Hotel.
Shot on the 6D using the crop_rec experimental build.

Mostly shot at 23.976 at 1824 x 1026.
Slow motion shots were at 60fps at 1824 x 634.
also used the SD Overclocking module.

Used a combination of @wangtrirat's Arri Alexa emulation method as well as FilmConvert for color grading and adding grain.

Experimented quite a bit with keyframing, a common trend in rap videos lately, which I was a little apprehensive about at first given the limited resolution I was recording at, but I feel that the film grain that I added hid that well enough to make it look more like an artistic touch than anything else.

yourboylloyd

That guy is really lyrical!

Those shots were pretty good. Were you on a stabilizer? Handheld? Gimbal?

Did you use Adobe After Effects or Resolve to edit the shots?
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

Tyronetheterrible

Quote from: yourboylloyd on May 22, 2019, 07:05:09 PM
That guy is really lyrical!

Those shots were pretty good. Were you on a stabilizer? Handheld? Gimbal?

Did you use Adobe After Effects or Resolve to edit the shots?

Thanks, @yourboylloyd! All shots were on a Zhiyun Crane 2. All editing and effects were done in DaVinci Resolve.

domo94

Did you have any artifacting, skipped frames, Magic Lantern freezing on you, or tons of moire with it?

What's your max iso shot at?

How's the noise and grain?

Tyronetheterrible

Quote from: domo94 on June 27, 2019, 12:03:02 AM
Did you have any artifacting, skipped frames, Magic Lantern freezing on you, or tons of moire with it?

What's your max iso shot at?

How's the noise and grain?

Shooting at 14-bit lossless, I did not experience any artifacting or skipped frames, nor did it freeze on me. And this is with using the pretty much automatic modified module by Danne: (Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SJHrA75UXobTzBcsEY3lqbHxhNdoksPb/view?usp=sharing)

Moire was pretty minimal/non-existant, as I have the VAF-6D Optical Anti-Aliasing Filter installed over my sensor.

I shot at 6400 ISO at the highest, but I believe I stuck with 800-1600 ISO for most of the shots. Definitely got noisy once you shoot at 6400, but I removed most of it using the Neat Video plugin, and then added intentional film grain using FilmConvert.

Francis Frenkel

Love this flow, love this images !!!

Bravo, magnifique !
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

domo94

Anything at 1000-1600 ISO is trash noise on 7D.

I have the VAF filter as well, but denoising almost ALL your footage always tends to be a really really really slow post-production process that it's not viable for me anymore.

Was thinking of jumping ship to 6D just to replace what I can but I would also have to get the aliasing filter as well, so it's more worth buying a 5d mkiii.