T2i terminally died after accidentally inserting ML-card 4 5DMiii

Started by omananda, May 21, 2019, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omananda

Greetings

I accidentally inserted flash-card with the ML for 5DMiii (latest version that normally runs fine on the 5DMiii) into my Canon T2i. I got a brief message of wrong install of ML and then tried to shut the camera off, but it just froze. I took the battery and the chip out, but the screen never came back on. The viewfinder is working fine. The focus point is focusing and the flash comes out if necessary, but all other functions of the camera are not working any longer. I can not install an updated Canon system software since the menu can not be triggered or seen. I tried to push all buttons on the camera to have it come back, without success, and could not connect it to a computer via usb either.

Any suggestions how I can get this camera back online would be greatly appreciated. Careful NOT do to this by accident.

Thank you.

Walter Schulz

Take your card for 5D3, rename ML folder and autoexec.bin, ML-Setup.fir (last one is optional). Copy extracted nightly build files and directories for your T2i to card.
Remove battery, insert card. Insert battery and close compartment doors. Report results.

omananda

Thank you very much. The following is the report:

The sims card I had inserted into the T2i after the camera stopped working was apparently not fully functional, or I lost it in the process. It was previously working fine, but difficult to read once inserted into the computer. When I tried to reformat it I lost it completely. It was somehow read by the T2i beforehand since it did not give me a "no chip" warning sign as it usually does and did even with the temporarily crippled system when there was no chip inserted. I then used a new Sims card that I reformatted with MS DOS and voila, the camera came back to life. It's working fine again, so I can program it with a new chip and add ML to it with the appropriate version. I have done this with all my Canon models and it seems to work very fine every time. I don't quite get why Canon does not add the functionality ML does to the proprietary software even years after knowing that many enthusiastic people (have to) hack it (with ML) to unlock all those common-sense features. Probably to release them later and get more money, or why? Anyways ... it all worked out fine this time for me and thanks again for the passionate community support. Have a great day.

Omananda

https://www.transcendentaljourneys.com