Music videos these days

Started by ilia3101, May 17, 2019, 11:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilia3101

In the last year or so, I have seen quite a few high budget music videos with significant aliasing and moire, and I am sure that it is slowly coming back in to style to have moire and aliasing in your shots. Just like we have filmconvert now, we will have moireconvert in a few years time.

So today I see this music video... and I am convinced that it was at least partially shot on a 5D mark 2 or another ML raw camera with moire.

I noticed:

- A lot of moire at 0:50 - on the straw hanging over the roof, as well as some patterns on a wooden crate
- Car at 2:32 has a lot of aliasing
- Crane shot at 2:39 has lots of aliasing and is not very sharp (similar at 2:41)
- Lots of green and purple fringing all over high contrast edges
- Sharpening reminds me of MLV App's (so does the smooth highlight rolloff  ;) )
- Just watch it, there's evidence everywhere

Anyone else notice this trend?

Levas

Quote from: Ilia3101 on May 17, 2019, 11:24:08 PM
- A lot of moire at 0:50 - on the straw hanging over the roof, as well as some patterns on a wooden crate

Can't miss it in the straw hanging over the roof, that is definitely a line skipping Canon  :D

theBilalFakhouri

After I saw that music video, now I really don't care about aliasing and moire anymore the clean image isn't everything.

Nice camera movement, angles, color grading, and every aspect in the video.

No one will care about it, the beautiful content only.
Yeah thanks for sharing!