One shot Audio RemoteShot

Started by mSpider, August 28, 2012, 04:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mSpider

How about a one-shot-then-reload Audio RemoteShot?
I love the "triple handwave" trigger on the t2i, but now on my 60d I must use audio trigger.
It will snap a bunch of pictures unless you turn it off (quietly) before it fires again--
a problem when the shutter speeds are extremely long....

a1ex

?!

It takes only one picture here.

nanomad

Maybe he's in a noisy environment.
Going through the code, the audio_release_running variable never gets set back to 0 after a shot is taken, which means a new shot will fire if the "audio" conditions are met again.
Maybe we can expand it with a "number of shots" sub-option like the other features have?

Simple hack: set audio_release_running to the number of shots (-1 for no limit) and if > 0 decrease it after each remote-shot.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Marsu42

Quote from: nanomad on August 28, 2012, 12:16:21 PM
Maybe we can expand it with a "number of shots" sub-option like the other features have?

+1 for that, calibrating the trigger level is a pain in the a** and at least this way multiple accidental shots would be prevented. Actually for me personally a calibration would be even more useful, I created another ticket for this: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2400.0

mSpider

I don't have the ability to do any hacks....
If you are taking long exposures and using the audio trigger, it sometimes triggers again before you can get it turned off.....