[WONTFIX] In Camera HDR for 550D

Started by djsquare1827, August 28, 2012, 06:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsquare1827

Recently I have discovered that the new 650D is capable of merging the different exposures and create a HDR image in camera itself . I believe this will be a big achievement if we can use the auto HDR feature with ML 2.3 and then the images can be processed in the camera itself. I am not aware about any technical boundaries which are developers will face but this will be just awesome.

a1ex

Why spending time on something trivial to do in post?!

Marsu42

Quote from: djsquare1827 on August 28, 2012, 06:11:16 PMbut this will be just awesome.

No, it wouldn't - the in-camera hdr mode of the 5d3 is just an excuse for the lack of dynamic range improvement in comparison to the 5d3 and Sony sensors. No in-camera processing will even come close to the quality and versatility of something like Photomatrix. Canon should have used the dev time to implement a game like pong in the firmware :-p

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: Marsu42 on August 28, 2012, 08:06:42 PM
Canon should have used the dev time to implement a game like pong in the firmware :-p

I second this in camera pong.

cartola

Just some newbie thoughts: many times my only post processing to combine different exposures is only run enfuse. Sometimes align_image_stacks (from hugin) and then enfuse. I usually don't like the artistic / artificial effects done by the tonemapping usually used in Photomatix, Luminance HDR and many other tools.

Ok, enfuse is even more trivial, but when you do this several times it takes time. I surely would use an enfuse like fusion in-camera.

Cheers, Cartola.

1%