The 'when' question

Started by dfort, April 20, 2019, 04:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

@dfort. Cancel your break dude, we got work to do  :-*.
Gotta love this place...

Walter Schulz

Quote from: a1ex on April 25, 2019, 07:36:54 AMHowever, that will happen after taking a short break (could be a month or two, maybe more, maybe less). Sorry, I have to.

Do that!

Some 1.5 years ago best friend died of heart attack eaten up by work/house/relationship for too long.

ioman

Hi a1ex, I know you just few days on this forum but taking break is totaly understendable. Take care of yourself in first place!

In the meantime I will try to start contributing myself, given the resources I have been generously given. :)

Regards,
Jakub

Greg

@dfort, where is your canon, I see an iphone in exif?
;)

dfort

Ha ha. Caught me using my cell phone. How about this one for getting back on topic--the 'when' question.

Canon M50 - CR3

I'm also playing around with Danne's latest on the EOSM. When will that be available for all cameras?

EOSM - Dual ISO

Wait until I get home to process the MLV files.

Greg

WOW :o
@a1ex, patreon will not be enough. Devs need more money for the ML event in Costa Rica.
@dfort, when ML party? Watch out for falling coconuts!

kaco

a1ex, just wanted to say ML changed my life completely. Thanks to a ML raw I have been able to quit my corporate job, start my own business, learn a LOT about image processing, color grading a professional tools/workflow while 98 % of the colleagues have been buying new DSLRs every year. Most times I see some pretty good film on vimeo made by independent or a single creator, it has been shot in ML raw.

My 5Dm3 is a small alexa, served my amazingly for 5 years and I was not able to find any better tool for my job.

Cannot thank you more for all what you did. Doesn't matter that much if the development continues, you have already made a huge impact on the in-depended and young film makers (and even a high budget cinematography).

ilia3101

Quote from: a1ex on April 23, 2019, 03:34:29 PM
Read: in the coming weeks or maybe months (unpredictable things happened and are likely to happen). I've got some time with the holidays, but... didn't have the energy to code anything.

Promising to work on XYZ, only to be unable to deliver a couple of months later, and having supporters ask when it's ready, is the last thing I want. All these "when" questions asked all the time... eventually resulted in me developing the above reaction, i.e. priority inversion upon seeing this question. Not just with ML, but also in other contexts. I didn't have this "bug" 5 years ago, for example.

If you are wondering - right before seeing the "when" question for the M50 port, I was working precisely on that. The M50 is in the exact same place I've left it a few days ago. I know, it doesn't seem right, I need to do something to fix it.

So, I'm rather tempted to take a longer break (1-2 months, maybe more, I don't know) and make a decision afterwards.

I support your decision to take a break. I have a slight idea of how it must feel for you right now, and taking time off is the right thing to do. I hope it helps you regain motivation to do amazing things (and hope you will start a patreon as well ;) ;) ;)).

ilia3101

Quote from: kaco on April 26, 2019, 07:44:17 PM
a1ex, just wanted to say ML changed my life completely. Thanks to a ML raw I have been able to quit my corporate job, start my own business, learn a LOT

Same! I have not started my own business (yet), but I did learn programming thanks to Magic Lantern (and start MLV App in that time). That has been pretty life changing.