How to show the indivdual RGB channels that are being clipped on an image?

Started by russellsnr, April 10, 2019, 01:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsnr

Hi, Just watched video on YT that shows how to see the individual channels RGB that may be clipped on a still image in camera  (after the image has been taken), Was only shown on a Nikon camera. I no you can see RGB in still photography with ML in live view but is there a way to see clipping after the event on a Canon camera? Look at around the 8 minute mark if you don't want to watch the whole video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQjDDM4WSIo. Thankyou for any advice. Russ.

Kharak

once you go raw you never go back

scrax

you can see histogram for RGB channels also without ML, in canon preview only.
Using INFO button to change what is shown when in play mode on 600D (others models may use differen names like DISP for the button)
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

russellsnr

Quote from: scrax on April 10, 2019, 01:33:59 PM
you can see histogram for RGB channels also without ML, in canon preview only.
Using INFO button to change what is shown when in play mode on 600D (others models may use differen names like DISP for the button)
Hi yes I no how to view the RGB channels after the image has been taken (beleive this is what you are refering to?) but if you watch the video he can view Clipping Highlight warning on each individual RGB channel rather than just on the overall brightness of an image. Thankyou, Russ.