600D - live view screen glitch

Started by nchant, August 28, 2012, 12:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nchant

Hey,

I've been running the latest version of Magic Lantern on my 600D for 3 days now, and yesterday when I tried to take a photo using live view, it would show a rough visual then stall, pausing the image but blown highlights and lots of noise. Move the camera round to see somewhere else and the screen won't follow.

How can I fix this?

1%

I cannot reproduce. Sounds like camera locked up if LV frozen..  I've experienced the opposite problem actually, LV moves but controls frozen and battery has to be pulled.... not in normal operation though.

nchant

Quote from: 1% on August 28, 2012, 02:59:52 AM
I cannot reproduce. Sounds like camera locked up if LV frozen..  I've experienced the opposite problem actually, LV moves but controls frozen and battery has to be pulled.... not in normal operation though.

Hmmm, I've tried pulling the batter out a few times to no avail. I'll take a vid of the issue and post it tonight.

nchant

bart

The video is very confusing and I don't get the point. And I don't want to watch it 10 times to maybe get enough clues to see what you mean. Anyway one thing I saw is that there is no value set for AV+/- on the scale of -3 to +3. The camera seems to have trouble getting an accurate light metering while jumping around in the dark on a monopod and a cat.

nchant

Quote from: b4rt on August 29, 2012, 02:26:09 PM
The video is very confusing and I don't get the point. And I don't want to watch it 10 times to maybe get enough clues to see what you mean. Anyway one thing I saw is that there is no value set for AV+/- on the scale of -3 to +3. The camera seems to have trouble getting an accurate light metering while jumping around in the dark on a monopod and a cat.

The video explains pretty clearly what's going on. The live view is no longer live, move the camera and the live view will not update, but go white and glitchy. This is in manual mode, shouldn't need to set any AV+/- at all for live view to work.

a1ex

nanomad

As always, make a backup of your ML config and delete it. If the issue is solved it was probably a configuration "error" (like FPS Override being on,)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

nchant

Quote from: nanomad on August 30, 2012, 12:20:31 AM
As always, make a backup of your ML config and delete it. If the issue is solved it was probably a configuration "error" (like FPS Override being on,)

Cool thank you I'll try this tonight :) I haven't used FPS override yet but will have a look anyway.

Cheers  :o