Colourful noise on raw dng files

Started by Aleks94, March 28, 2019, 08:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleks94

Hi all,

Upon converting a Smart Import 2 DNG sequence to the Pro Res 444 codec, I am finding that I get bizarre, colour-changing noise pattersns:https://youtu.be/b8JkXjmBdow You can see it in the right hand lower corner of this video especially, and also, some vertical banding.

I have turned on the 'fix vertical stripes' option when using MLVFS, as well as 'fix bad pixels'. Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm losing my mind...

Additionally, even though both my cache and output are set to be on an external hard drive, my memory, or storage on my Mac HD keeps slowly decreasing when I render the comp from Adobe AE using Adobe Media Encoder render queue. Is this also something anyone else dealt with, and what can be done about it? I am worried I will run out of memory halfway through rendering.

Best,
A

Luther

Try MLVApp. If it stills there, see the FPN ("Pattern Noise") and Veritical Stripes options.
If it solves the problem, then the issue is with the software you're using. Else, if it does not solve the problem, try a clean install of ML, no modules loaded other than MLV, and record at low iso (100). If you still see the problem, it might be damage, but only devs can say that...