ML Digital (DIGIC) ISO options disappeared

Started by tacotacotaco, August 27, 2012, 09:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacotacotaco

I have no idea why, but the ML Digital ISO options within the ISO submenu have disappeared. I have a 550D, and I was playing around with the new ISO options last week when I first downloaded 2.3, and I was able to get to 50 and all those other brilliant ones. But today, it's just not there any more. The options available are "Equivalent", "Canon analog", "Canon digital", "Display gain", "Highlight Tone", and "ISO selection." I didn't hide it with the menu hiding thing (which is an awesome feature, by the way), and nothing else seems to be missing, although I haven't gone through with a fine-toothed comb.

I formatted the card (keeping ML) and I also recopied all of the files from the ML download onto the card on the offchance somehow that one thing got corrupted. No dice. I like my settings, so I don't want to have to format everything if I don't have to. But maybe I have to.

Thoughts?

nanomad

You used the new customized menus features  ;)
If you hit play you can hide/show menu items
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

tacotacotaco

No, that's not the issue. I mentioned that above. I have hidden plenty of other options, but this one simply doesn't show up, whether I'm in the show/hide version of the menu or not.

:(

nanomad

Delete the ML settings then (make a backup first, they are under ML/SETTINGS on your card)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

tacotacotaco

Welp... that's not it either.

I just did a fully fresh install after clearing camera settings and all... and it's still not there. So I am completely and utterly confused and saddened now.

nanomad

tacotacotaco

I don't have an ML/config folder. The folders in my ML thing are ML/SETTINGS, ML/doc, ML/data, and ML/cropmks.

Francis

You are in photo mode, perhaps? Only works in video.

tacotacotaco

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I'm trying out a new lens I got and left video mode for the first time in months. Totally didn't even think about that.

Thank you!  :D

Sorry about all the confusion.

Francis

Not sure if it can be implemented in photo mode but it is unnecessary. You can shoot RAW in photo and adjust exposure with a good amount of latitude. Shooting at ISO 100, overexpose by a stop and applying -1EV in post is going to give you better or at least equivalent looking results than shooting at 50 to begin with. Also the amount of highlight retention of the ML ISOs is all there in RAW and then some.