Selectable 'Shooting States' for 5DM2 and 600D - any tutorials?

Started by pipkato, August 27, 2012, 09:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipkato

Let me apologise in advance for the long post, but I wanted to try and explain what I'd like in detail.

I'm very impressed with the professional presentation of Magic Lantern 2.3, and with its stability.  But the range of options is making my brain bleed, and although I'm pretty clear about what I want to use, I could do with some help or pointers to a tutorial on the best way to set ML 2.3 for a Canon 5DM2 and a Canon 600D.  I'd like to make a permanent video setup that I can save somewhere (preferably on my Mac), and then hide the unused Magic Lantern options.

These are the features I want to use permanently:

I'd like to be able to set up a series of permanent combinations, including an 'AutoEverything' with safe AWB, Audio Auto Levels, Normal Picture Style etc, set a 'default' and switch between them..  From what I've read on the site ( http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=1729.0 ) this should be possible using 'Display Presets' to set up to 4 'shooting states'.

I'd also like to have Picture Styles as part of those combinations including e.g. ProLost.

Arrow Keys Quick Shortcuts - Push WB, Kelvin, Aperture, Shutter, ISO.

Full screen Zoom (I've seen it, but I'm not sure how I got there)  for focus check at x5, x10 on manual Focus (I presume this won't work with purely manual lenses?)

Limit Digital Zoom to 3x and have it selectable.

Various crop marks as an option (using Display Presets?) for 16x9, 2.39:1, and maybe a custom crop.

Zebra at 70% with Fast Zebra and Original slower striped option (Use Display Presets for this too?)

Audio Meters

Monitor Audio using headphones (I understand this is not possible with my 600D).  Can I do it on my Canon 5DM2?

AGC Off and Selectable Input Source.

Auto-ReStart

Just wondered if anyone  has set up ML 2.3 with these settings and hidden the rest, and the best way to go about it.

Thanks.