Can I access all the menus with just the touchscreen?

Started by BautisTan, March 14, 2019, 01:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BautisTan

Hi! someone I know is selling his EOS M but the back buttons don't work. Will I be able to access all the menus in ML through the touchscreen?

garry23

Unless I misunderstand the question, I can access all ML menus via the EOSM touch screen.

Walter Schulz

Try Shoot screen -> Intervalometer -> Start Trigger
and try to get there without any button located on the back.

garry23

On travel at the moment but I will try when back home.

Cheers

Garry

a1ex

If you are not afraid of the source code, here's a proof of concept.

A bit abandoned; I wrote and tested it on a borrowed 700D, hoping other developers would pick up and polish that code. Didn't happen.

In any case, touch screen can be used from ML; all it needs is some manpower to complete the proof of concept and turn it into something usable.

dfort

Just tried a touch-menu build on the EOSM and no, you can't get to all the ML menus. Note that it mostly works though it is a bit awkward trying to do everything from the touch screen. I find it faster using just the buttons. Depending on which buttons aren't working on the camera you won't be able to navigate the Canon menus either.

I did find the stub for the 1-finger drag gesture on the EOSM and 650D but didn't go beyond that.

This does look like an interesting feature that deserves more attention. Especially now that most, if not all of the new cameras have touch screens.