Exposure Compensation in Manual Mode?

Started by russellsnr, March 09, 2019, 07:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russellsnr

Hi, On some of the up market cameras like the Canon 1DX ii  and I beleive the 7D Mkii you are able to use exposure compensation in manual mode and yes I no the question 'WHY would you want to use exposure compensation in manual mode?' simple, for example when photographng BIF somtimes that extra 1/3rd to even 2 stops of compensation can make a good image so is this a possible option via M/L for the lower end Canon cameras (in my case the 70D) Thankyou, Russ.

Walter Schulz

russellsnr

russellsnr

Hi, Exposure Lock only locks the exposure that is registered at the time so if you take the exposre from an evenly lit scene when you then have to move to taking an image of a BIF the bird is against a lighter background so comes out dark, in AV or TV mode you can tell the camera to expose over what it thinks is the correct exposure but keep the same shutter, ISO and Apeture if this could be done in M mode without altering any of those options that is what I am asking. Thankyou, Russ.

Walter Schulz

Module Autoexpo, then.
Warning: This module comes without proper tutorial but it should.

BTW: I see merits for this in-cam function for photo journalism where time (for postprocessing) is critical and JPEG is involved. See no problems for you to use RAW and postprocessing, though.