brackting

Started by Ghosthouse1, March 08, 2019, 11:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosthouse1

i know this has been covered once or twice, but.. i need help figuring out why it wont shoot what i tell it to.. i shoot real estate with a canon 5dmkii and i need it to shoot 5 brackets with 2EV with 0-+--++ and it refuses to do this.. thanks for everything

Walter Schulz

Power on cam in photo mode  M and set bracket sequence.
If it doesn't work you may have to do make a small video showing what you are doing.

R

Tested in my 5D2 and it works even if the camera reaches shutter or ISO limits.

Advanced Bracket
Type: Exposure
Frames: 5
Increment: 2EV
Sequence: 0 - + -- ++
Delay: Auto
Shifting: Half

Check that type is not set as Autodetect.

Ghosthouse1

ill try that,, i feel like i have been up ad down  with this thing..

Ghosthouse1

another thing, the people im shooting for use a 5dmkiii and 6d for real estate and have no issue with this and we all run the same settings!madding..

Walter Schulz

We know it is working, too. This is one of the commonly used (and easy to use) photography features in ML. And not know to be buggy.

Your status is unclear. Does the problem persist?
If so: Backup ML\settings directory and delete or rename it. Try again and report results.

Ghosthouse1

after wiping my card for test shots and re installing ML this is what the camera is doing for the shoot sequence camera is set Av mode

(photo one) 0"3 -1\3 (photo two) 1\10 -2 (photo three) 1\3 +12\3 (photo four) 1\10 -2 (photo five) 1"6 +2

maybe i am a jackass and have no idea it is shooting correctly ... but, the guy who edits everything says they are wrong.. :-X

Walter Schulz

I suppose bracketing in M mode works just fine, right?

In Av mode you get should get a yellow (warning) line at the bottom "This feature works best in Manual (M) mode."
In M mode bottom line says: "Expo bracket. M:changes shutter. Others changes AEcomp."

May I ask which results do you want to have by using bracketing in Av? Maybe there is another option in ML you can use instead.

Ghosthouse1

Actually, no.. or im doing it wrong.m

Walter Schulz

Check Custom Funtion settings
C.Fn II -1 Long exposure noise reduction: 0 (Off)
C.Fn II -2 High ISO speed noise reduction: 3 (Disable)

Retry.
If problem persists:
Prepare all settings for bracket, set cam language to english. Use snapshot function (Debug->Snapshot) feature to get a pic of cam's Quick Control screen.

Make another screenshot showing bracket settings.

Snapshots are stored in card root directory and named VRAMx.PPM. Convert to PNG/JPEG, upload them somewhere and link them here.
Insert card into PC and make a screen snapshot showing card's ML\Settings directory.

Show content of Magic.cfg:
# Magic Lantern lua_fix.2018Dec23.650D104 (24515743defc (lua_fix) tip)
# Built on 2018-12-23 22:00:54 UTC by jenkins@nightly
# Configuration saved on 2019/03/14 07:45:52
beta.warn = 14
menu.first = -5
time.indicator = 1
hdr.frames = 5
hdr.enabled = 1
disp.mode.x = 199