Canon EOS-M Info Needed

Started by dkudos, February 20, 2019, 10:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkudos

So I see the build nightly and experimental.  I found a build with sd-hack that I needed.  Is this hack or info going to be put into any of the nightly or experimental builds?

Looking for any info on sd card hack and if it works with any of the new builds.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

dkudos

Should also note I am new to the forums and ML and love the EOS M on this software.  So So Goooood!  I am trying to piece together the organization around why nightlies and no stable.  Fast Dev most likely I am guessing and it is stable enough.  Thank you for any info that would be helpful.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: dkudos on February 21, 2019, 08:19:11 PM
I am trying to piece together the organization around why nightlies and no stable.

Dev switched to some kind of rolling release model without stable versions years ago. Unlikely to see a release called "stable" in the near future.

dkudos

Cool that makes sense I suppose.  Also does anyone know if the sd card hack is a thing for EOS-M or "officially supported" by ML?

dfort

If you want to go bleeding edge on this camera check out what Danne is doing with it.

Just read the Canon EOS M topic -- all 90+ pages.

Walter Schulz

SD-hack was introduced - labeled "bleeding/cutting edge" - by a1ex (who maintains nightly and experimental build process)  for 5D3  and tested on other Digic 5 cams with SD interface. Still considered to be potentially dangerous, revoked from public access and not available in nightly and experimental builds yet.
No pull request to change that has emerged yet.

dkudos

Thanks all this is super helpful.