Magic Lantern for Canon EOS R/RP Full Frame 4K Video.

Started by Robin_Lewis, February 15, 2019, 02:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin_Lewis

Hi, with the EOS R/RP coming out on the market. I asked someone that worked for Canon in why there is full frame video but cropped for 4K video. The reply I got that 4k video is inline with the Canon CN camera's, and the crop factor is in line with the film super35MM camera and is what is being used in the industry. However. I am of the view that there should be an option. Full Frame 4K, and Super35MM 4K. Considering that I was also informed that there is no hardware reason why there is no FF4K video.

Now here is my question. Will there be a Magic Lantern that would have the option for the Canon EOS R/RP family of camera to record both Full Frame 4K, and Super35MM 4K video?

kitor

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=22770.0

QuoteWill there be a Magic Lantern that would have the option for the Canon EOS R/RP family of camera to record both Full Frame 4K, and Super35MM 4K video?
If you know people willing to help and have all the needed low level knowledge, maybe. So far we cannot even execute code on camera without hardware hacking.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

70MM13

I have a friend who has the perfect skillset and experience for this...  he was hacking all the way back to 1981, doing hardware and software disassembly from the bottom up by hand.  I have been pestering him to help out, but he refuses, saying "good luck to them".

I send him links to interesting photos and tidbits such as what you shared yesterday, hoping to tempt him back to the dark side ;)

Please keep sharing what you are doing, and I will keep forwarding it to him!

Thank you for what you are doing.