canon's 120 mp cmos sensor

Started by salehammar, February 11, 2019, 11:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salehammar

hello everyone :),

I'm a canon user from 10+ years so far, and i love what you do here in Magic Lantern.
I'm wondering what does it take to build a camera from scratch, and I found that the best place to ask such a question is here.
I was reading that canon announced selling the 120mp CMOS sensor, but I couldn't find any place to get more information, about how to buy it, or if anyone tried to do anything with it.
if it's possible to discuss that here and to get more information about the subject that would be appreciated.

Walter Schulz

There is no connection between Canon company and ML project.
ML does reverse engineering and ML scope does not cover own hardware projects. There are some connections between ML dev team and Axiom, though. See https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/axiom-beta-the-first-open-digital-cinema-camera and take a close look into timeline ...

You may be better off (IMO) contacting Axiom team and other open-source camera projects. There are some add-on boards for Arduino and Raspberry.

About hardware/chips from manufacturers: You may ask the manufacturer for an engineering sample/developer board. Costs, availability and legal things involved differ a lot and it may depend upon who is asking, too. Sorry, but it's entirely up to Canon how to handle inquiries for this particular device.