MLVAPP linear gamma grade of "digital analog"

Started by 70MM13, February 06, 2019, 05:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70MM13

Check this out and then try to say you can't do serious grading with mlvapp...

iso 109 never looked better ;)

exported from mlvapp using prores 444 and then converted to 10 bit x.264 RGB using virtualdub2

i love mlvapp!

https://vimeo.com/315665731

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

70MM13

everyone involved with developing mlvapp should be very proud.

i can't wait to see where it will go... especially with nodes and receipt slots! ;)

seriously, it's already a great program, and i really enjoyed grading with it.

btw, if you recall the demosaicing challenged shot with the wires, i managed to completely overcome the problem... here's how:

in mlvapp, i downscaled the shot from 3072 to 1920 using sinc

then i loaded it into virtualdub and first, resized it to 3840, and then used the "high quality" half resolution filter to drop it back to 1920 as part of the conversion to 10 bit x.264

no more problems with that shot, and it also improved the demosaicing on some patch cables hanging on the wall  beside the night light in the wide angle scenes.

maybe you can try to do something like that as a function in mlvapp.  it's worth checking out!

ilia3101

Quote from: 70MM13 on February 06, 2019, 07:44:59 PM
i can't wait to see where it will go... especially with nodes and receipt slots! ;)

I know I did mention nodes. To be honest I don't know how soon this stuff will be ready, and it is a seperate project from MLV App. But it should be possible to insert it in to MLV App in some way.

;) ;) ;)

ilia3101

Nice video too, looks clean and the highlights look great :D

70MM13

thanks!

whenever nodes are ready, it'll be great, but mlvapp is definitely great right now!

i didn't think this video could look this good.  there is some real magic with linear in mlvapp!