Has there been an update to the 30 min Liveview timeout on t5i?

Started by WillFM, February 05, 2019, 11:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillFM

I'm currently in the process of trying to use my T5i as my main camera while streaming. After doing some looking, I found Magic Lantern and read about the "Sticky half shutter." Unfortunatly it looks to have been removed from the t5i options? After doing some more reading and even more research on google, reddit and this forum, I still can't seem to find a work around (I'm not quite sure if there is one at this point anymore.) The best I could find was This https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20908.msg196788#msg196788

The end of the post states he got it working. But I don't see anywhere to download the LUA script A1ex mentioned. I was hoping that someone here knows of something that I'm overlooking at this point. I'm going on about 6 hours of back and forth googling and crossing my fingers that this is still possible and that I'm just a dummy and am overlooking it.

Walter Schulz

Don't know if the most recent 1200D build contains the changes to make this happen.
First check Prefs tab -> Powersave in LiveView. Is there an menu item "30-minutes timer"?
If yes: ON is what you want
In not:
You have to write the Lua file yourself:
Open editor, copy script contents (found in thread linked above) to file and save it as pwrsv.lua into ML\scripts
And -as written above - I do not know if it will work with your build.

a1ex

Just checked the current 1200D build in QEMU. Both options (sticky half-shutter and 30-minute timer) are there.

Recommended setting: 30-minute timer: Disabled. ON is the default in Canon firmware (and cannot be disabled from their menus). ML can disable this timer. If it's confusing, please suggest some different wording.

Walter Schulz

Wording in conjunction with text on the bottom is confusing. At least I fell for it.
What about "Override 30' limit" ON/OFF?
OFF: Stops after 30 min
ON: Don't stop

WillFM

Sorry, I used the american name for it. The t5i is the 700d. There is also no option in the "powersave in LiveView" tab for 30-min timer

Walter Schulz

Sorry for the confusion.
Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (drop down menu) -> Experiments. Pick your Lua_fix build and copy contents to card.