ML 2.3 bracketing problems Canon 60D

Started by KLX-650, August 25, 2012, 03:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLX-650

Hello,

I use ML 2.3 with the Canon 60D. With the new version I have some problems with bracketing.

When I take 3 frames with +/- 2EV all pictures have 0 EV in the EXIF.

The next problem is, that there is very often one black frame/picture, that means I got the 3 frames, but f.e. between the 2 and 3 frame there is one black frame/picture. The EXIF of this black picture is the same like the first pictute of the AEB.

I use Live View.

How can I fix these problems?

Andreas

Sorry for my awful english - I hope you understand the problems

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

KLX-650

russellsnr

Hi, I use the 600D and just set AEB to shoot AUTODETECT in ML and have no problems so give it a try and see if that works correctly, it's a great feature for HDR photography.
Russ

KLX-650

Quote from: russellsnr on August 25, 2012, 09:38:16 PM
Hi, I use the 600D and just set AEB to shoot AUTODETECT in ML and have no problems so give it a try and see if that works correctly, it's a great feature for HDR photography.
Russ

There is the same problem when I use Autodetect. I found some posts in other forums and it seems to be a problem with the Live Views. I make some tests and the black frames/pictures aren't there, when I don't use Live View.

Marsu42

Quote from: KLX-650 on August 25, 2012, 03:29:24 PM
I use ML 2.3 with the Canon 60D. With the new version I have some problems with bracketing.

Maybe this isn't really helpful :-o but on my 60d bracketing works just fine (I only use it outside lv) with correct exif data in either manual or av mode with either fixed or auto-selected # of frames...

softimage69

I have had a previous issue with bracketing on my 60D if "mirror lockup" was activated in ML. 

Also, try turning off live view before taking the brackets.  I find that sometimes with LV on, it doubles up on the first couple of exposures.