Tribute to Sebastopol

Started by Savely, January 13, 2019, 04:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savely

Hello there. Here is my video that I shoot this summer in Crimea. And there is more so stay tune. Hope you'll like it.

Dmytro_ua

Overall nice shots, but look too "HDRish" not in a good way. And there is a problem with horizon level in a lot of shots.
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

KelvinK

Yeah, horizon ruins the idea. Why you didn't fix it on post. Overall looks unusual )
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Savely

Since I had no any photo skills before (not to mention cinema experience) and anyone to help, it was easy to loose something - like horizon for example. So thanks to feedback, I'll try to work on horizons in later videos. As for "HDRish", yes it is. With this I tried to discover limits of Canon, of RAW, of color correction. It is purely experimental one.

dfort

I like it and thought it was an effective use of Dutch tilt, you can push it even further. HDR look works for me. Much of it is drone footage--what did you shoot it with?

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: dfort on January 20, 2019, 08:47:41 PM
I like it and thought it was an effective use of Dutch tilt

Dutch tilt brings a really "creative geometry" in composition. It's great when done correctly.
But here we see a slight overall loss of a horizon level.
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

Savely

Quote from: dfort on January 20, 2019, 08:47:41 PM
I like it and thought it was an effective use of Dutch tilt, you can push it even further. HDR look works for me. Much of it is drone footage--what did you shoot it with?

It is old good Phantom 4 pro. No, it is not it's normal footage. Actually, it is waay too difficult to catch right light and position to shoot like that. For some of drone scenes I'd have to shoot and reshoot several days to catch it right. It is way too difficult since drone footage is not RAW and I's have to figure out how to level pro and semipro footage.

25th of May 1967

Quote from: Savely on January 13, 2019, 04:01:00 PM
Hello there. Here is my video that I shoot this summer in Crimea. And there is more so stay tune. Hope you'll like it.

I loved it!  :)

ilia3101

Most severe case of Adobe look I have ever seen :o