5D II won't change aperture, shutter, ISO during RAW recording.

Started by hanibbal665, December 26, 2018, 05:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hanibbal665

Since today I am not able to manually change the exposure using any of the aperture, shutter and ISO settings during raw recording. I was using the latest experimental 10/12bit build from the experiments downloads page. Then I fall back to the latest nightly to see if this was the issue. Still the same problem. When not recording raw, I am able to change everything.
Anyone faced this before or has any suggestion/solution?

Walter Schulz

Fallback by overwriting files or deleting ML dir? If first: Backup ML\Settings, then go to Prefs tab -> Config files -> Restore ML defaults.
Retry and report. Do you have backup copies of your old ROM files?

a1ex

It won't be solved by restoring ML defaults - this *is* the default behavior, and was like that since 2013. Maybe I should really disable that Small Hacks setting in the default configuration, as that setting is messing up with exposure controls and other non-essential stuff like GUI refresh rate in order to maximize recording speed.

Then, expect a flood of posts from people complaining that older builds were "twice as fast" (actually about 12% faster) :D

Test setup: 5D2, KB 1066x card, mlv_lite 1856x1044 25p, global draw off.
Small hacks off: about 19-23 seconds, 66MB/s; can change ISO/Tv/Av while recording
Small hacks on: about 40-45 seconds (twice as fast, right?), 74MB/s; can't change ISO/Tv/Av while recording; default setting

hanibbal665

Yup, it does work that way. But why does global draw affect the exposure controls?

a1ex

Quote from: hanibbal665 on December 27, 2018, 12:30:46 AM
But why does global draw affect the exposure controls?

It doesn't. How did you reach this conclusion?!