10-bit / 12-bit RAW on 5D Mark III, possible yes or no?

Started by Aeidxst, October 18, 2018, 04:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeidxst

Simple question: I'm using the latest nightly build for 5D3 and I don't need the 14-bit RAW. I'd rather go with 10/12-bit and net myself a bit more recording time. However, I can nowhere find the option to change the bitrate. See pic, I saw a pic of someone that's actually able to change it. Is it actually possible or not?

ty

Lars Steenhoff

theBilalFakhouri

@Aeidxst

Download a build and install it from experiments page under "4K raw video recording; lossless compression" then you will get data format option in mlv_lite.

Aeidxst

Quote from: Lars Steenhoff on October 18, 2018, 09:42:58 PM
Click on data format : 14 bit lossless
That option isn't there for me in the latest nightly build.

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on October 18, 2018, 09:48:26 PM
@Aeidxst

Download a build and install it from experiments page under "4K raw video recording; lossless compression" then you will get data format option in mlv_lite.
Oh I didn't know I need a custom build for that. Is that 10/12-bit build less stable than the regular latest nightly build?

a1ex

Quote from: Aeidxst on October 18, 2018, 10:20:55 PM
Oh I didn't know I need a custom build for that.

From the download page:
For recent features like Lua scripting, raw recording at 2K/3K/4K/10-bit/12-bit/LJ92/etc, please try the experimental builds (and report back!)

Any suggestion for rewording or making it more visible?

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Aeidxst on October 18, 2018, 10:20:55 PM
Is that 10/12-bit build less stable than the regular latest nightly build?

I didn't have any problems with both. The only difference for me is the extra features in these custom builds.

Quote from: a1ex on October 19, 2018, 06:37:04 AM
Any suggestion for rewording or making it more visible?

Bigger bold text maybe? with 100 red warning lines and arrows :P just kidding, Bold text is a good thing.

Aeidxst

Quote from: a1ex on October 19, 2018, 06:37:04 AMAny suggestion for rewording or making it more visible?
Well, to me it wasn't clear that a special separate build is needed for 12-bit and 10-bit recording. It's basically just lower quality, I don't understand why a special build is needed for that. To me it sounds like a cam that shoots in 1080p, and if you wanna shoot 720p? You need other software for that.

just my 2 cents

domo94

Quote from: Aeidxst on October 22, 2018, 01:49:38 AM
Well, to me it wasn't clear that a special separate build is needed for 12-bit and 10-bit recording. It's basically just lower quality, I don't understand why a special build is needed for that. To me it sounds like a cam that shoots in 1080p, and if you wanna shoot 720p? You need other software for that.

just my 2 cents

Go ahead and build magic lantern then to make it that easy. We'll wait. ;)