Animating with ML

Started by Pumpkinwaffle, August 24, 2012, 02:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkinwaffle

Hey folks!

I decided to try to start a new animation project, this time without using a computer to control the camera when shooting the frames.

Before anything let me say that I Just finished building the set and this little video's purpose is simply to test my set and tweak it. But for something done in 5 minutes, 30 frames, and windows movie maker I'm pretty happy with result.

Here's the features I used:
LCDsensor Remote, without it animation wouldn't be possible. It really is one sweet feature and has sped up the workflow by incredible amount of time, especially with this set, since I'm working in a very dark room, it's nice not to have a computer glaring in your eyes or having to look for buttons in the dark. And of course not covering my computer or camera in play dough.
Focus peak, Zebras, Histogram. I used those rather quickly this time but they're definitely a great help.
Custom overlays will also come in very handy to map where the different lights will be behind that curtain of black dough.

I'll be posting updates on my progress here for those interested.

A big thanks to the magic lantern team for making stop animation portable!
550D ~ canon 50mm 1.8 ~ canon EF-S 18-55mm ~ canon 35-80mm [macro moded]
http://pumpkinwaffle.deviantart.com/

3pointedit

My kids use this feature for their animation also, it's great for not bumping the camera during a long sequence. Sadly for my kids they set up outside with the sun behind, and the shade from our blinds kept triggering the LCD sensor!

I really like the look of these images, good work!
550D on ML-roids

bart

My kids used this lcd remote as well for a lego stop motion project.