Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winmediacenter

I've just tested new build with 3,5K centered mode and noticed something weird. I tried to set shutter to 1/50 to avoid flickering and the only method to achieve perfect shutter is to use shutter fine tuning. Everything working great unless i tried to record some footage. The shutter crank up automatically second by second after pressing record button and ruined the shot. Everytime i use shutter fine tuning this happens. I also noticed another thing when i set shutter without fine tuning (it's approx 1/50 but not ideal) and press shutter halfway to set my focus the shutter automatically sets to 1/48 and everytime i need to readjust to 1/50 by entering ML Menu (doesn't change by turning upper wheel)

Danne

Turn off more hacks. Probably the issue.

winmediacenter

I will try but...few MB/s less to write. I dont know how im gonna live with that  :'(

Grognard

Quote from: winmediacenter on January 25, 2023, 10:59:01 AM
I will try but...few MB/s less to write. I dont know how im gonna live with that  :'(

Shutter issues are related to lface + aewb hack. You should only use lface hack and one more hack.
No need more with 3.5k mode. Is continuous with 12 bits, SD 160MHZ and card spanning enable using crop realtime previous or even most of time  with the new grey super fast preview

winmediacenter

Thanks for quick reply. I will give it a try  :)

vastunghia

Quote from: Grognard on January 25, 2023, 11:21:26 AM
No need more with 3.5k mode. Is continuous with 12 bits, SD 160MHZ and card spanning enable

Continuous also @14bit for me -- at least in most occasions, or possibly slightly lowering exposure (precise ETTR could be hard to reach).
5D3 for video
70D for photo

dpjpandone

Why do you have 12-bit lossless disabled in 3.5k mode?

vastunghia

Quote from: dpjpandone on January 28, 2023, 06:27:21 AM
Why do you have 12-bit lossless disabled in 3.5k mode?

Sorry, not sure I understand your question :-\
5D3 for video
70D for photo

dpjpandone

This question is for Danne. all of the bit depths and compression schemes should work with 3.5K

Danne

All bitdepths work when selected from Movie tab. If not, provide some screenshots of what you are doing to miss it.

rinski

Hello, I wanted to mention the useful view of the 5D3 view on the 5D3, adding the 10x zoom (it helps a lot in the manual approach) and the 18 fps in the full anamorphic as in the eos m.
Thanks.

dpjpandone

Quote from: Danne on January 29, 2023, 06:21:20 AM
All bitdepths work when selected from Movie tab. If not, provide some screenshots of what you are doing to miss it.

help reports:
"compression does not work with higher resolutions" in 3.5k mode

Danne

dpjpandone

Quote from: Danne on January 30, 2023, 05:13:06 AM
But does it work?

Does not allow the user to select 12bit lossless in 3.5k mode. It automatically reverts to 14bit lossless. I think you reused the portion of the code that blocks lossless 12-8bit in HIGHER resolutions (4k...etc.) but 3.5k was always working from the inception of crop-rec on steroids

Danne

Hm, works here. Could you do some screenshots or a screen recording?

Danne

What build are you on? Always leave it at 14bit lossless. Then reduce bitdepth from Movie tab.

dpjpandone

Quote from: Danne on January 31, 2023, 01:28:02 AM
What build are you on? Always leave it at 14bit lossless. Then reduce bitdepth from Movie tab.

This is your Jan 9th build. perhaps you should change help to:

"reduce bitdepth from Movie tab" ??

and clarify that this is or is not compressed?

hey btw, is there any possible side effects for defining CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER on 5d3? It looks like this was an easy way to add Kill canon Gui, but could this possibly slow down other stuff that we dont wish to interfere with?

Danne

Read the thread. Somewhere you'll get your answers.
Flicker stuff. No idea.

dpjpandone

Quote from: Danne on January 31, 2023, 04:48:51 AM
Flicker stuff. No idea.

I did a search for CONGIF_KILL_FLICKER in all files
  C:\ML4K\src\debug.c (1 hit)
Line  783: #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER
  C:\ML4K\src\powersave.c (4 hits)
Line 150: #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER
Line 243: #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER
Line 383: #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER
Line 469:     #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER
  C:\ML4K\src\tweaks.c (3 hits)
Line 3421: #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER
Line 3599:     #if defined(CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER) || defined(FEATURE_SCREEN_LAYOUT) || defined(FEATURE_IMAGE_POSITION) || defined(FEATURE_UPSIDE_DOWN) || defined(FEATURE_IMAGE_ORIENTATION) || defined(FEATURE_AUTO_MIRRORING_HACK) || defined(FEATURE_FORCE_HDMI_VGA)
Line 3606:             #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER
  C:\ML4K\src\zebra.c (3 hits)
Line   71: #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER // this will block all Canon drawing routines when the camera is idle
Line  433:             #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER
Line 3893:                 #ifdef CONFIG_KILL_FLICKER

and I did not find anything that would have adverse effects on performance, It seems to just call CLRSCREEN in certain instances as a fix for 50D in powersave modes. your idea to use it to remove canon 5x  overlay was brilliant!

Danne

I thought I used some setting n ml menu which removes overlay  8).
When it comes to help texts etc I chose to keep things on the 5d3. My main work was around eos m, 5d3 more like a bonus cam.

ShittyWebsite

You are doing great with the 5D3, everyday feels better and better, been testing with my phone as a second monitor, 5D3 monitor as framing and phone as real-time (anamorphic stretched)

vastunghia

Quote from: Danne on January 31, 2023, 05:05:49 PM
My main work was around eos m, 5d3 more like a bonus cam.

You are breaking my heart here ;D

Why is everybody so in love with the M? A 2nd hand 5D3 is not as cheap as an M, but it is very close and so cheap in absolute terms anyway. And is by far superior, technically speaking (starting from e write speed capability of course).

So really, a genuine question, can somebody explain to me why M is so popular?
5D3 for video
70D for photo

ShittyWebsite

Quote from: vastunghia on February 01, 2023, 07:06:52 AM
You are breaking my heart here ;D

Why is everybody so in love with the M? A 2nd hand 5D3 is not as cheap as an M, but it is very close and so cheap in absolute terms anyway. And is by far superior, technically speaking (starting from e write speed capability of course).

So really, a genuine question, can somebody explain to me why M is so popular?

Exactly, where i live theres not a single EOS M for sale, seriously, i was trying to find one

Danne

Eos m will become the legend ;).
Agree though on 5diii being the superior cam imagewise and more stable.