Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wib

Be sure to use a fast reader, at least USB 3.0 and "UDMA7 cards" compatible.
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

stef7

You are absolutely right ! Nothing wrong with recording. It played OK in camera, no damaged frames. Card reader is OK actually, when plugged to a fast USB 3.0 port it works OK
Problem was when card reader was on a slow USB2 port. Never had a problem with this USB 2 port. It was slow but worked.

Anyway, thanks for the help and apologies for bugging you with something that is way off ML
But sometimes it's just a bad day and my brain doesn't work as it should :)

By the way with kill global draw 3584x1730 (2:1 my favorite ratio) at 10 bit recording times are excellent. Way more that expected !
Again thanks a lot for your work and help.

wib

I do the same, 2:20 ratio, 14bits lossless in raw menu and 10 bits in movie menu (I guess it override ?) 3.5K in 3584x1630 with kill global draw option, card spanning and sd overclocked, it's marvelous.

kpn

Amazing work Danne, the anamorphic 5.5k preset is great!
Just a one small request, is it possible to format the card yet keep the Magic Lantern as in the nightly builds?

wib

that would help also the bug on mac catalina with the folder's « bit »

Danne

Conflict when sd_uhs patch is used when formatting. Sorry, won't change back.
If someone adds a safeguard turning off sd_uhs patch selecting format it could be an option added.

Peperoros

I ran into the problem with flickering when using this build, anamorphic 1:3 binning, 14bit, dual iso, v1.2.3. If I have understood this correctly, it's the dual iso that's the culprit.
ONLY happened when I recorded clouds. Several recordings between are all normal.

https://streamable.com/8vp8z4

I'm unsure if this is the correct thread to report this. Saw that there was flickering reported for the eos-m version of this build, so I'm hoping I'm not mistaken.

Digidagi

Hey everyone,
I've been following and experimenting with magic lantern for a while. Gotta say it's amazing and thank you for the hard work.

I'm on build crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2021Apr01.5D3113
As of today which crop modes support real-time correct framing? So far I could make 1920 1:1 work. Any chance for any of the ones with raised resolution?

Thank you for your answers.

GullRaDriel

Hi Danne,
I'm willing to contribute but I'm unable to make a build from source.
Can you give me some pointers on how to build https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_dannephoto_git/src on Linux Debian or Windows 10 (msys2 or cygwin) ?
Or do you have a pinned forum post explaining exactly this ?

Danne

What changes did you add?
Sorry, but unable to help but there are several guides on this forum about compiling.

names_are_hard

GullRaDriel - walking you through building a repo is probably better suited for Discord.  You're likely to have a few problems along the way and it's slow fixing them one at a time on a forum.  I can walk you through build problems.  I don't know if cygwin works.  Debian definitely does, I use that.  Pretty sure WSL is known to work also.

trapshitkalci

Having problem with the display preview in anamorphic mode. Latest built : 2021 Apr. 1 ,  LCD display preciew. Stays distorted whatever I try. I am on firmware 1.2.3. Can that be the problem ?  Was anamorphic mode tested on 1.2.3 ?
In RAW video submodule  Preview is set to Framing but the green icon in front is simply faded. Is that a bug in 1.2.3 which doesn't appears on 1.1.3 ?

Nnow tried it with firmware 1.1.3 and problem is solved ! I didnt pressed the INFO button enough times for getting the Magic Lantern view on my LCD display. To find this out it really needed e the 1.1.3. version cause the info bar on the bottom of the Framing Preview didnt said it  with the 1.2.3 It said couldn't able framing preview due to GlobalDraw.
5D MK3 1.1.3 and Danne's latest build with Sandisk Extreme CF card (120mb/sec reading speed, writing is less of course), 60D Nightly Build

GullRaDriel

Danne: I did not make any change but following the guides led me to some errors. May be my fault/ bad arm version / etc

Okay, as stated I'm going to seek help on discord. See you in a few days !

ShittyWebsite

Does silent pics works? i've tryied full res lv but it says it needs crop rec to be loaded (it dosent show any modules)

Maybe i did something wrong? (1.1.3)

Walter Schulz

Which file option is selected? DNG or MLV?

Danne

Quote from: ShittyWebsite on November 05, 2021, 07:34:14 PM
Does silent pics works? i've tryied full res lv but it says it needs crop rec to be loaded (it dosent show any modules)

Maybe i did something wrong? (1.1.3)
Crop rec is on always. I enabled most modules default and not as an option to the user to turn on or off in this build.

ShittyWebsite

I'm using full-res LV, MLV

It says:

Full-res LV requires the crop_rec module loaded

Danne

Did you try it to see if it works?

ShittyWebsite

I also tryied using the experimental build

No files on the folder  :-[

Maybe a problem with the camera settings?

ShittyWebsite

Quote from: ShittyWebsite on November 05, 2021, 09:46:39 PM
I also tryied using the experimental build

No files on the folder  :-[

Maybe a problem with the camera settings?

I just fully reset the camera and now everything works

Dammmn I'm stupid

ShittyWebsite

ok.. the experimental build works for full res lv

danne's build works, but not full res (2080x1318)

https://imgur.com/a/HfFSA0G

edit:
maybe i should try to update to 1.2.3?

Thoracius

I'm curious.. is 3x3 binning of the whole sensor possible (e.g. 1920x1280) or would that be too heavy to achieve reasonable frame rates?

allemyr

Hi!

I'am using 2020May29.5D3123 crop rec 4k mlv snd isogain build, I'am trying out shooting in 3840x1440px and would like to turn on SD overclock, is that possible with this build and where can I please find it? I have card spanning on and get pretty decent record times right now in 3840x1440px at 14-bit lossless but SD overclock could be sweet.

Thx in advance!

/ Karl

theBilalFakhouri

Latest Danne build from the first post have what you need, why not to use it?

Not sure if 2020May29.5D3123 build has SD overclocking module.

ShittyWebsite

Hello, great build, quite solid

Just a small question, i'm using:
Preset:
Full-res live view

RAW video
Preview Framing
Rec Trigger: Half-Shutter: pre only

When i start recording, press the half shutter, it captures everything fine, when i stop recording i get stuck on busy (so i can't change shutter speed, going out of livewview and back works)

SRM memory On/off didnt not help, neither Small Hacks

Also, it crashs when using rec trigger as half-shutter: hold (i'm guessing its my slow card)