Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

I gave up on 240Mhz setting. I recommend any old builds with this patch still there not to use it. Too many issues.

vstrglv

Quote from: Walter Schulz on December 21, 2020, 11:25:01 AM
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg229639#msg229639
I mean last Danne`s 17Dec2020 build.
Quote from: Danne on December 21, 2020, 11:41:43 AM
I gave up on 240Mhz setting. I recommend any old builds with this patch still there not to use it. Too many issues.
What about 192mhz оn 5D3?
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

Danne

Gave up that one too. Never stable or not working at all.

GullRaDriel

160 MHz is the only one that's working nearly flawlessly on 5D3.

For last version: I tried a few presets and the feeling is good ! I'll try to save a bit of christmas on video. That's a first for me :-)

Wlad81

Using Dec 11 2020 mod. Cannot run Full-res LiveView mode. Card Spanning is on, preferred card is CF. Using best recommended cards. What am I to do?

Otherwise, great mode.
Canon EOS 5D Mk III + Canon 24-105 F/4 L IS USM + SanDisk Exreme Pro 64 GB (SD, ML Nightly.2021Feb07.5D3113) + SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (CF).

Bender@arsch

Card Spanning and preferred card to CF together is not possible.
But for solving your problem, you need to disable global draw (or kill global draw) and disable audio;)

Wlad81

Thank you so much, never knew of that.

UPD: the Full-res LiveView mode finally works. But the workflow on my 2008 Mac Pro is a piece of... something.
Canon EOS 5D Mk III + Canon 24-105 F/4 L IS USM + SanDisk Exreme Pro 64 GB (SD, ML Nightly.2021Feb07.5D3113) + SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (CF).

motionSOUL

Have someone had some issues with 1920 60fps?
All other presets are working fine, but with this preset (+ NTSC / 720p / 60 Canon Menu), I can record, transcode the MLV to .dng and preview the .dng on my Mac (1920x804), but the files created are impossible to import in After Effects or Photoshop. They give me Photoshop (-30504) Error message.
And sometimes the recording is stopping due to datas errors, filling my 5DMKIII with numbers, but even if the record is good with any errors, I can't load the files then.

Any idea ?

Thanks,

S/.

Dmytro_ua

This mode is very demanding to your CF card recording speed. If your card is good, try to disable all unnecessary modules and onscreen data (like zebra, RGB parade and others)
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

motionSOUL

The problem is I get all the images and they are good in Preview mode from the Mac, but something is preventing themselves to be understood by CameraRAW after been transcoded.
The mlv file is opening fine in MLV App, but as soon as I transcode in .dng, the files become unreadable.

S/.

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: motionSOUL on January 05, 2021, 03:58:25 PM
The mlv file is opening fine in MLV App, but as soon as I transcode in .dng, the files become unreadable.

I think it's better to upload small MLV file and ask in MLV App thread for a help with transcoding. You won't get any help without a corrupted file uploaded.
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

nomadfilm

Hi All,

I apologize in advance for the beginner question but I want to confirm the process of upgrading to this build.  Do I simply copy and replace the ML folder and autoexec.bin currently on my SD card with the ones provided in this build?  Just want to make sure before I take the leap.  Thanks in advance for your patience as I continue to learn and explore.

Danne

I recommend you uninstall any older builds to start clean. Then install next build fresh.

wib

Quote from: nomadfilm on January 11, 2021, 01:59:25 AM
Do I simply copy and replace the ML folder and autoexec.bin currently on my SD card with the ones provided in this build?

Yes.

(already answered here https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=19300.msg233582;topicseen#msg233582)
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

nomadfilm

Quote from: Danne on January 11, 2021, 07:55:47 PM
I recommend you uninstall any older builds to start clean. Then install next build fresh.

Thanks @Danne for answering such a basic question.  Does a complete reinstall mean formatting the SD card in camera and then moving the ML files for the new build onto the card?  Does there need to be a copy of the firmware on the Sd card for ML to operate it or is this not necessary?  Thanks again for helping us newbies.

Danne

After uninstall your card is just like any other card without magic lantern.

Larouso

Hopefully someone has an answer for this : Is anyone of you using Danne's build here with an external monitor and is able to get the framing preview over hdmi on to the external monitor? If yes, which one?
Or is it maybe just not possible?

Thanks for A hint in the right direction.

wib

I do, and I use a Freewell monitor, everything above 1080p will give you a real time cropped x5 preview, 5K will appear flattened.
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

Larouso

Quote from: wib on January 22, 2021, 05:45:59 PM
I do, and I use a Freewell monitor, everything above 1080p will give you a real time cropped x5 preview, 5K will appear flattened.

Thanks for the super fast reply.
X5 crop rt preview is exactly what I also get for example in 3,5k mode. But to be honest it's giving me a hard time to guess how the frame looks then finally. So I usually stay with the cameras built in monitor...
I was still hoping that I am just missing a config that would give just a clone of what is shown on built in monitor.

nomadfilm

Hi everyone,

I've been playing around with this build and I've run into a problem.  I was recording using various settings and on a previous start-up, script came up on the screen that scrolled too fast for me to read but included the phrase "Fix me."   Now, there is a red dot beside my Memory patches setting (EA39374) and speed tests show that my write speed has decreased to about 9 mb/s on my SD card.  When I turn on SD overclock, all Memory patch dots go red.  Is this normal/expected or has something gone wrong?  Obviously, I don't understand the Memory patch setting.  I've purchased a new SD card and tried a speed test on it and I get similar results.  I've also done a full re-install and that doesn't seem to fix the situation. I backed up my files and can provide info if needed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

As a followup, has anyone been using card spanning in combination with sd overclock?  Are there any limitations in this setting?

Thanks

Danne

If sd patch is troubling please don't use it. It's rather unstable and should be used very carefully. The only card I possibly would trust is the sandisk extreme pro 170mb/s.
If you're card is slow please turn off sd uhs and restart camera to get it back to normal. If that isn't working you probably need to format and reinstall.

nomadfilm

Hi Danne,

Thanks for the advice.  With the SD patch off, should I be experiencing a red dot beside one of the memory patch settings (EA39374)?

Danne

No camera here. You need to post screenshots and share info on sd card brand and preset used and so on. Generally speaking. If you are able to record with your card with patch off it´s probably all good.

michaelfilm

Hi everyone,
I have been filming with 5dmk3 / 1.1.3 / crop rec 4k build 2018-07-22 13:09 until today.
In response to a problem-question in the forum
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=19300.msg233752#msg233752
- Bender@arsch kindly recommended me to try out Dannes builds.
Since my english is very poor (deepL) , I find it difficult to find out which last build runs well...
I would be very happy about any help!:)
(I can well imagine that sometimes the nerves are on edge when such fun-loving newcomers like me
come for the for the xth time with similar questions).
Sorry for that!:) & thanks for all!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

michaelfilm

aah, now I understand the principle that in the old post 23may2019 the builds are refreshed
:)