Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wib

I think you should not use FPS override. if you want 25 fps then switch to PAL and select 1080 ALL-i @ 25 fps in the canon video compression options.
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

Danne

24 fps is maximum for 3.3k preset. It´s also informed when standing at the preset.

ChristianEOS

Also 5.7k (anamorphic) is the max. 24fps.
But I thought with write speed approx 95mbs somehow maybe 25 f. p.s. would be still possible?
Christian Bruno James

Danne

Not the issue. Maximizing height affects timer registry. Reducing height will allow for higher fps. Just choose another preset instead.

MotherSoraka

Hi Danne and thank you for everything you've done for this community.

Is it possible to set/lock the HDR live-view preview only on 1 ISO?
in other words, can we stop the constant Flashing/Switching between the 2 ISOs in HDR mode while recording?
Becsaue it makes it almost unusable and impossible to see what youre shooting every other 5 seconds.

GullRaDriel

Long time without posting.
Thanks for the work @Danne, I'm going to test your latest build tomorrow :-)
You're awesome. Thanks for your contributions !

viotech

Quote from: viotech on December 06, 2020, 12:22:22 AM
Hello,

I'm having an issue with the HDMI monitor connection with the latest build Nov 26, 2020. Using a DJI Ronin RS2 Pro gimbal with camera control cable and Raveneye for wireless HDMI monitor.

1. If I just connect camera control cable ML will freeze when pressing record button on gimbal. But, if I use the start/stop button on the camera it records fine and can use anamorphic modes without issue.
2. If I add HDMI cable for external monitor (Raveneye with RS2 Pro), I can monitor the output from the camera live!
3. (This is the main issue) If I add HDMI cable for external monitor in #2 and press the start/stop to begin recording the camera freezes and needs a battery drop.

Attempting with:
1. Anamorphic
2. 16:9
3. 12 or 14 Bit
4. card spanning: on (256GB Extreme Pro CF and SD cards), ML on CF.

Is there a certain settings combo to get HDMI to work with anamorphic modes? The issue appears to be with ML and not the RS2 as the feed works fine while not recording and when recording begins the 5DMIII chokes.

Much Appreciated!

Can ignore this. Experimenting more the HDMI feed works perfect, the issue appears to be with the control cable. Camera crashes requiring a battery pull if using miniUSB to macbook with canon eos utility 3 app to control iso/record/aperture or using the ronin rs2 button controls that work fine with 1.2.3 firmware and not ML. This issue probably not related to your build

Danne

Ok, that´s good. I really never use hdmi and external screens so can´t say anything here.

Bender@arsch

@Danne
Some good news about the 5x 3.3K vertical stripes issue?
I tested your currently newest update and it's still not gone. You can see it especially in dark area, mostly greenish.

Thx

Danne

Sorry, no idea what you are talking about. Need MLV test files or clear, visual examples including all your settings applied.
Please read up on how to effectively report bugs. Thanks.

Bender@arsch

I mean this:

Quote from: Bender@arsch on November 24, 2020, 10:16:48 PM
I'm not sure, but I see no difference in 3.5K. 3.3K is nearly perfect, but I get some crazy vertical lines/ stripes in all previews.

Quote from: Danne on November 24, 2020, 11:04:23 PM
Hm, I´ll have a look. Does it affect recorded file too?
EDIT:I don´t think what you are referring too regarding stripes is related to recent changes. This has been there for long. As long as recordings are fine all is working as before and expected.

Quote from: Bender@arsch on November 24, 2020, 11:09:21 PM
Yes. But this issue is only in 3.3K.

Quote from: Danne on November 24, 2020, 11:11:33 PM
Yes, it´s because of modifying width to be able and preview cropped and in realtime. Still good.

If you need a shortend MLV, I can upload tomorrow.
There is no specific settings. It's only in 3.3K mode in all preview modes (with or without global draw) and in MLV, since you try to centered again the last time.

Danne

Yes, mlv. Recordings are ok over here so your settings or anything else you are doing will be important to understand if you want to solve your issue. Please read up on how to report bugs effectively.

Bender@arsch

@Danne
Here is a bad 4K smartphone video from this issue. I started with default settings with your last update. And a short MLV File in 10bit:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1N7CcGelofLKkKTc-9i_em933d1gRswAp?usp=sharing

I use this specific spot, because this issue is better to see on contrasty and dark area.

Danne

New builds:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg216899#msg216899

- Fixing timers causing "hot" recordings in 3.3k mode

Please test.

Finally I got the information needed to tackle the issue. Thanks for that. Next time, do start with providing a sample mlv. In this case I would have fixed it in ten minutes like right now. Well, better late then never right.

motionSOUL

Hello Danne, a question for you: would it be possible, technically speaking, to add a preset which could record at, for example, 2808x2340, in 24p (not in an anamorphic mode)?
What could be the greatest vertical and horizontal resolutions in 24p (no anamorphic)?

Thanks,

S/.

Danne

The limitations are all presented through each and every preset. If full resolution would work with 24fps it would already be there. It's not like we're holding back.

motionSOUL

Thanks for the answer, I try to understand:
In 3K 1:1 mode, I can record 1920 vertical resolution (24p).
In Anamorphic mode, I can record 2340 vertical resolution (24p).
What, could be the maximum horizontal resolution of a 2340 vertical file if I wasn't in an anamorphic mode and I would still want 24p?

Not sure if it is clear?

Thanks,

S/.

Danne

Not really. If you push resolution and ratio to max then you are using highest thinkable reolution with 24fps. A simple test going through each preset will give you your answer.

motionSOUL

I know, I have already done that, I have tested every presets since two days.
The problem is if I want 24p, the max vertical resolution now is 1920 pixels with the 3.1K 1:1 (without using anamorphic).
But, some presets offer more vertical resolution, like 2340, in anamorphic.
My question was just if it is possible to get 24p, 2340 vertical resolution, even if I loose some horizontal one and if I loose one what could be the horizontal resolution?

I don't get why it is possible to record 2340 pixels vertically in anamorphic but not in an unsqueezed preset.

S/.

wib

Hello Danne, I have two questions, how does one manage to create its own presets (or the list is full) ? And does the function of restoring ML when formatting not compatible with your version ?
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

Danne

Not full.
Not secure using sd_uhs module and then format while enabled. Disabled formatting from ml. Might removing sd_uhs in the future. Not sure how useful it really is.

rinski

Hello, I would like to comment that the sd_uhs module works well in 160 mhz and only with 240 mhz it has problems of sound loss after 3 minutes with 20, with sandisk extreme pro 170 MB / s 128 GB card, formatting the sd card or deleting the files on the computer has no danger, and the increase in speed recording with both cards at the same time is appreciated when recording with looser parameters and much longer.
Thank you very much Danne and company for your meritorious work.

vstrglv

Quote from: rinski on December 17, 2020, 05:13:35 PM
Hello, I would like to comment that the sd_uhs module works well in 160 mhz and only with 240 mhz it has problems of sound loss after 3 minutes with 20, with sandisk extreme pro 170 MB / s 128 GB card, formatting the sd card or deleting the files on the computer has no danger, and the increase in speed recording with both cards at the same time is appreciated when recording with looser parameters and much longer.
Thank you very much Danne and company for your meritorious work.
Hello, what Canon`s model are you talking about? There is no possibility  to set 240 mhz for 5D3.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.