Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motionSOUL

Strange, I have tried to name one for example "1_1080_24fps" and it appears "1_1080~" in ML menus...

S/.

Danne

Walter Schulz

Seems to depend on cam or build.

Just tested with different builds on 7D and now I have to do more testing to write another bug report. Looks like lua_fix build has problems. EDIT: False, for whatever reason I had an outdated version installed ...

But 650D seems to work fine with 12 characters.

names_are_hard

FAT vs ExFAT on the card?  The 8.3 limit is specific to FAT, though I don't know how ExFAT naming limits interact with Canon FW.

Danne

Walter Schulz

I cannot test exfat with 7D because not supported there: Digic 4. Only ML enabled D5 cams with CF slot are 6D and 5D3.
On 650D it depends on file system as you supposed: ExFAT works with 12 characters but FAT32 only supports 8.

motionSOUL

I have reformated my SD card in ExFAT and now I have access to 11 characters in the Custom modes and Prefs / Config preset.  :)
Not sure why not 12, but only 11 of my 12 characters names are showing.

S/.

motionSOUL

Totally off-topic sorry, don't know where to post:
What "battery.drain.rate.rev" is use for ?
It gives me different numbers with the same battery on different Custom modes.

Thanks,

S/.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: motionSOUL on May 29, 2020, 11:32:04 PM
Not sure why not 12, but only 11 of my 12 characters names are showing.

Sorry for messing up!
Actually only 11 characters are supported. If you create a folder with 12 or more you will only see first 11 in cam. And as soon as you select such a folder and use it as preset cam will create another folder. Using first 11 characters. Afterwards you will see 2 folders displayed with identical names.

motionSOUL

Hello, I encountered another trouble with the crop. Everytime I press the shutter halfway, the 10x zoom is activated.
On other ML versions, the preview kept the same, just the overlays went OFF.

My settings:
Display / Clear overlays: HalfShutter.
Prefs / LiveView zoom tweaks: Zoom on HalfShutter: OFF
Prefs / LiveView zoom tweaks: Zoom with Focus Ring: OFF
Prefs / LiveView zoom tweaks: Zoom with old button: OFF

Any idea? Thanks a lot.

S/.

Danne

Turn it off under the crop mode sub menu.

motionSOUL

Totally forgot that, thank you Danne!

S/.

motionSOUL

Hello, I've noticed in all crop rec modes (1050p 48fps / 1920p 50fps / 1920p 60fps), the RAW Video / Preview / Framing is OK but all the Realtime ones aren't centered properly.
The framing is off towards up of the frame. Question: is it possible to correct this by a way or another to be able to aim when shooting or not?

Thanks,

S/.

Danne

I think it's time for you to fire up adtg_gui, read a couple of related posts, and get your hands dirty looking for deeper knowledge.

motionSOUL

Just a note to confirm that you really have to only use 8 characters in the name of your Custom modes if you want all to work as expected.
If you use more it seems to work properly at first but in fact it shuts down the Custom modes (set automatically to OFF) and mess with the Config presets too.
If you change the Config and restart, the state isn't saved as expected.

@Danne do you know what order is used to list the Custom modes?

Thanks,

S/.

iaval

Hi Danne,
I'm using your crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Apr02.700D115 build on my 700d, it works fine, but I get ISOless PH err(15) every time I want to use dualISO. Any idea how to fix that one?
700d (2500 shots), 500d (24000 shots)

Walter Schulz

It is solvable but it requires some work.

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.msg197146#msg197146
Follow one of the tutorials "Compiling Magic Lantern ..." https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=25.0 to build your own development environment (quite easy, mostly pre-scripted). Then edit and compile your build using the values found by following first link.

And do it now. This repository will get erased quite soon and there will - most likely - no easy way to get it done after deletion!

rinski

Hello, would there be any possibility of full anamorphic 6k with 23,903 even if it was 12 or 10 bits in 5d3 ?.
Thank you.

iaval

700d (2500 shots), 500d (24000 shots)

vstrglv

Thank you Danne for your hard work and wonderful versions of ML. I have some Q:
1. There is an issue:
I use mode "Movie", "Presets", "3K 1:1", the resolution is 2880x1620. If x5 and x10 are enabled in Canon menu and I press zoom button, the resolution is changed to 2880x1320. If only x5 is enabled there is no this issue. I am on Danne's "crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020May29.5D3113" 
2. About custom modes. I do not understand how to use "Startup key". I do not see the menu to choose CM.
3. What is an advantage of this CM compare to 
Fast video presets for 5dIII (based on Danne's cine.lua)
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=24679.0
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

Danne

3K 1:1 is supposed to be used in x1 mode, not x5. Use the other presets for that.
Custom modes has been discussed recently. Check those threads to get a picture of best usage.

vstrglv

Of course not x5. I use zoom button only for focusing.
I can not find info about Startup key.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

Danne

Yes in x5 mode resolution changes cause you are now in x5 crop mode. But when back in 3k 1:1 all is as expected again.

Select start up mode. Restart camera and hold a start up button i.e SET. You are now in SET "folder". Do your configurations and next time you start hold SET again. All changes will be stored. Skipping SET will start cam normally.

vstrglv

Thank you for explanation about Startup key. I believed that it can be used for choosing Custom Mods at startup.
About x5:
Cam is in mode 3K 1:1 2880x1620. I press zoom button for better focusing. If x5 is enable in Prefs\LiveView zoom tweaks\Zoom x5 ON (my mistake about Canon menu in previous post), after I press zoom button, the resolution reduced to 2880x1320, but cam is still in 3K 1:1. If only x10 is enable in Prefs\LiveView zoom tweaks\Zoom x10 ON, there is no the resolution reducing.