Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmitriy84759

Sorry guys! I'v just read whole "crop_rec on steroids" topic from first message to last and now see that there is another topic about same theme. My mind already blowing so please could you tell me in short what advantages in this another crop module (with compare of last experimental one from july 22) at this moment? I use 5dm3 1.2.3

jzzzyang

Great work,Danne!
Solved so many problems!
Keep going!

rinski

Hello, thanks for the answer the other day but I can't find the menu to record the 1920 x 2332 anamorphic adding the two sd + cf cards and at the moment I can only get to 1808, how and where are the settings in the magic latern menu Simultaneous recording and sd speed unlocking.
Thanks again.

IBIRRU

I kindly ask if is possible to have an updated (last) zipped compiled file to load into 700D 1.1.5

Now I have  crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Apr02.700D115 from Danne repository

I'm able to compile from the unified main branch but I'm not able (I'm sorry) to compile from this branch  :'(

Thanks for your patience  :)

EOS 700D 1.1.5, EOS 500D

Danne

Nothing new for the 700D so no need for updating.

IBIRRU

Quote from: Danne on May 02, 2020, 07:41:26 PM
Nothing new for the 700D so no need for updating.

Thanks a lot @Danne
EOS 700D 1.1.5, EOS 500D

rinski

Hello, please I can't find in the last update for 5d3 firmware 123 from February 19th where is the module sd_uhs card spanning nor the overclocking and the menu to record sd+ cf, someone can guide me.
Thank you.

Danne

jzzzyang

How to turn off 1.67 stretch in the raw video mode?
Is there a option? Or How to have the option?
Thanks a lot.

rinski

Hello, I would like to see how the m00 files are reproduced and edited in the mlv app, the time recorded on the sd card with the spanning function is lost when trying to import the mlv file from the cf card, there is some operation to be done with the m00 file to be recognized by the mlv app ?, I have not found a solution for the 5d3 with the experimental version May 17.
Thank you.

ilia3101

Just make sure the .M00 files are in the same folder as the .MLV files. Then just open the MLV file and MLV App will use the .M00 as needed.

motionSOUL

Hello all, is it possible to get more than 5 Custom modes (CM1 to CM5)?
I think I have red somewhere we could create our own folder, but when I do that, CM6 for example, the new folder is replacing CM5.
It still appears in Prefs/Config options though but there some folders appear twice.

5DMKIII - 1.1.3 - crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020May17.5D3113

Thanks,

S/.

Danne

Yes, up to 13 custom modes is possible.

motionSOUL

Thanks. I have tried to create 13 folders CM01->CM13 (and deleted all others), but ML doesn't seem to like it. Crash log at the beginning.
Plus in the Movie/Custom Presets menu, only 6 choices appears: OFF - StartupKeys - CM01->CM05, others folders don't show and you can't make them to appear by using the wheel like in the Prefs one. Can we really change the folder names?

Second question, some people seem to get 1920x1080 48fps, but the max. here is 1920x1050 48fps, do I miss something?

By the way, the anamorphic preset is really cool, thanks a lot.

S/.

Danne

Renaming works fine:

Maybe you´re not following the max eight character rule but who knows. Not enough information provided.(sorry, you said CM01->CM13, no idea why it should cause a crash though)
If you want to expand your custom mode list from Movie tab you need go into source code config.c and find this place:
static struct menu_entry cfg_menusmovie[] =
{
    {
        .name = "Custom modes",
        .priv = &config_new_preset_index,
        .min = 0,
        .max = 6,
        .choices = (const char **) config_preset_choices,
        .select = config_preset_toggle,
        .update = config_preset_update,
        .help = "Choose a configuration preset and start customize(restart needed)."
    },
};

Change it to:
static struct menu_entry cfg_menusmovie[] =
{
    {
        .name = "Custom modes",
        .priv = &config_new_preset_index,
        .min = 0,
        .max = 14,
        .choices = (const char **) config_preset_choices,
        .select = config_preset_toggle,
        .update = config_preset_update,
        .help = "Choose a configuration preset and start customize(restart needed)."
    },
};

I think you get the picture.

Danne

New version:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg216899#msg216899

- Removed Custom modes, not working as expected like on eosm. Crashes reproduced as described by @motionSOUL
I advice to download this new build and not use the Custom mode setting implemented before.

motionSOUL

Too pity to get the Custom modes out. It was such a time saver.
Is the problem coming from your crop-rec version and the fact that you have modified it for the EOS-M or the trouble is coming from a1ex Custom modes development?
I ask because I don't know if I have to report to him on his forum side.

Thanks,

S/.

Danne

If you could test one of the experimental builds by simply adding a few folders and use them from the config section and see what happens that would be nice. Grab a build from the crop_rec_4k branch. Check the downloads section.
Is it crashing every time in my build or after renaming?

motionSOUL

Not sure what you asked for, but here are some tests hope it will help. Tell me.
First of all if I stay with CM1 to CM5 folders all is working properly smoothly. Not a single problem when switching from any Custom modes.

5DMKIII - 1.1.3 - crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020May17.5D3113 (fresh install).

5DMKIII on.
Prefs / Config preset / OFF - Startup key - CM1 - CM2 - CM3 - CM4 - CM5
CM1 chosen.
5DMKIII off.
5DMKIII on.
Prefs / Config preset / OFF - Startup key - CM1 - CM2 - CM3 - CM4 - CM5 - CM1 - CM2 - CM3 - CM4 - CM5 (now the CM1 to CM5 access are doubled in the list).

Changed a folder name from my Mac: CM2 -> BANANA.
All is OK. Move from CM1 to BANANA and reverse also (from 5DMKIII). All is good.

Card on computer. The BANANA folder is still there, but ML has recreated the CM2 folder.
Changed all the folder names (from CM2 to CM5 because CM1 is used in CURRENT.SET).

5DMKIII on.
Crash detected error message.
Card on computer. All the folders are here, but ML recreated the CM1 to CM5 folders also.

Restart from a fresh copy of the crop_rec.
Make more tests.

My conclusion: The crash seems to occure when there are more than 5 folders in the SETTINGS.
As soon as I start the 5DMKIII, as the crop_rec recreate the missing CM1 to CM5 folders, there are more than 5 folders then, so at the next reboot a crash occures.
Not sure of the 5 folders limit, but it crash when ML recreate other folders.

Thanks,

S/.

Walter Schulz

Just guessing: Maybe an issue with "_MACOSX" folders (aka: Resource forks)?

Danne

Actually. a1ex mentioned the recreation issue before. I thought my lockfile would be detected but seems when changing config directory it searches for the lock file in that very folder. Mistake on my part. I do not know enough "c". Anyway, changing:
            char config_file[0x80];
            snprintf(config_file, sizeof(config_file), "%sfirst", get_config_dir());
            int first_run = config_flag_file_setting_load(config_file);

to this in module.c, seems to fix it:
            char config_file[0x80];
            snprintf(config_file, sizeof(config_file), "ML/SETTINGS/FIRST", get_config_dir());
            int first_run = config_flag_file_setting_load(config_file);

Need to test it some more.

Danne

New version:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg216899#msg216899

- Custom folders are back(added CM1 to CM8. Crash issues should be fixed. Please test @motionSOUL and report back. Also added the fix to eosm and uploaded a new build there as well.

Bleeding edge folks! Always risks included.

motionSOUL

So far so good. I have changed the folder names without problem (respecting 8 characters).
The file names aren't doubled anymore and all seems OK for the moment. I will keep you inform if I find other things. Thank you so much for your work!

S/.

Walter Schulz

Up to 12 characters is fine. Canon's folder handling looks like 8-Dot-3 naming convention but "dot" can be replaced by other supported characters.