Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Quote from: Stousen on January 30, 2020, 07:06:36 PM
I managed to get it to work, i get avout 110-115 in w/speed!
Tho my live view doesnt work while recording in crop 3k? :(
It's hard to see what you expect or even if there is a problem involved. To minimize communication mishaps you need to be specific with settings used, preferrably with screenshots or a screenrecording. Use contextual terminology instead of making up new words etc.

Stousen

Quote from: Danne on January 30, 2020, 08:29:26 PM
It's hard to see what you expect or even if there is a problem involved. To minimize communication mishaps you need to be specific with settings used, preferrably with screenshots or a screenrecording. Use contextual terminology instead of making up new words etc.

LoL, i hear ya. Will try not to do a Hegel and be swift but clear.  :-*

Card spanning: on
1/1 3k crop
14 bit lossless
2.35:1
Required 110 write speed

Live view: framing
Kill global draw: no, also tried yes
Sd uhs hack : on

Live view before recording: framing
Live view after pushing rec: framing
Live view some seconds after pushing rec: pink screen but still recording

70 ish write speed CF - 40-50 ish write speed on SD.
Tho thought the liveview would function better if the cardspanning actually increased the bandwith? Or am i out biking on a road with no light?

Cheers

Danne

You need a better bike  8)
Previewing capabilities will not change with different cards. Framing...

Stousen

Quote from: Danne on January 30, 2020, 09:41:10 PM
You need a better bike  8)
Previewing capabilities will not change with different cards. Framing...

Aye, thanks for the enlightenment :D :D ;)

vstrglv

Fantastic build crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_card_spanning_2020Jan25.5D3113!!! I've got (1920X3)X2332- 2.39:1 continuous 24fps, 14bit lossless, Dual ISO at anamorphic Presets. Is it possible to add settings for 1920 -2,35:1?
I've tried Dmytro_ua's Fast video presets, updated for Danne's build 16th of Jan -  https://drive.google.com/open?id=18-Wo0yNVBCVwfjyTlB7O7UK5bMPUtsCd, but there is no this lua in Scripts menu. ?
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: vstrglv on January 31, 2020, 09:24:03 PM
I've tried Dmytro_ua's Fast video presets, updated for Danne's build 16th of Jan -  https://drive.google.com/open?id=18-Wo0yNVBCVwfjyTlB7O7UK5bMPUtsCd, but there is no this lua in Scripts menu. ?

Those presets are actually easy to update to your needs with a simple text editor on your computer. I've shared them like an example to everyone who needs smth special for themselves. I'm sure there is no universal set of presets suited for everyone. So you can edit any of them to your needs. And delete others which you don't need. Actually it's not hard at all.

Sorry, didn't understand at first what you are asking for. As I mentioned before, I'll try to update them as soon as I have time to test everything in a proper way.
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

vstrglv

It seems to me that menus structures in builds of 16th Jan and 25th Jan are the same. My lua script works fine in 16th Jan build, but there is no this lua in Scripts menu in 25th Jan build. All builds are Danne's build.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

Danne

Quote from: vstrglv on February 01, 2020, 09:16:20 AM
It seems to me that menus structures in builds of 16th Jan and 25th Jan are the same. My lua script works fine in 16th Jan build, but there is no this lua in Scripts menu in 25th Jan build. All builds are Danne's build.
Post screenshots or try describe more in detail what you arw missing. I use lua all the time and it´s still included as a module but who knows what you´re asking here. Maybe try and do a screenrecording?

Danne

New versions:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg216899#msg216899

- Added card spanning implemented by ilia3101 and also sd_uhs overclocking

Faster sd card(sandisk seems to work better overclocking). Patch only works on sd card.

Only briefly tested so tests and reports are welcome especially now at early stages. Bleeding edge folks. I trust card spanning more than I trust the sd_uhs hack. When patching works it works really well, but otherwise it could give give surprises like corrupted files, no header etc, or maybe even affect the sd card permanently. Well, other than that. Happy testing :)

And thanks ilia3101 and a1ex for the card spanning feature(formerly implemented in mlv_rec by g3gg0).

vstrglv

Quote from: Danne on February 01, 2020, 09:37:25 AM
Post screenshots or try describe more in detail what you arw missing.
When I open "Scripts" menu in ML build 16 Jan I see my lua and can run it. But when I open "Scripts" menu in ML build 25 Jan, I can not see the same lua in menu.

Danne

Post the scripts. More info needed if you compare. Try shorten the name of the script that is showing in menu.

GullRaDriel

Wonderfull work Danne & ilia3101 and a1ex !

I'll try it asap !

vstrglv

Quote from: Danne on February 01, 2020, 12:26:27 PM
Try shorten the name of the script that is showing in menu.
Yes! Thank you. If SD card FAT32 formated - no problem with long file name. If exFAT only 8 length works.

GullRaDriel

No Problem with shooting so far. I'll try recording this evening.

vstrglv

I can't make screenshot on build crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Feb01.5D3113. Debug\Screenshot-10s, SET, Shutter butt. - half-press. There is a display with ML top and bottom bars. Global Draw - LiveView. There is no new VRAMx.PPM file. Is it OK?
By the way in crop mode there is no "Focus distance info" in low bar, because there is no room for it. How to reduce crop made info in low bar or even delete it? Also WB info is useless for me.

Danne

Worked last time I tried. Could someone else test the screenshot function?
Code is out there. If you want to modify screen text you can check in lens.c for instance.

vstrglv

Danne

Turn off RAW video while doing screenshots. I did some automation to temporarily disable RAW video when using screenshot function but maybe it fails under certain conditions. If you could present clear cases reproducing the issue I could take a look. Screenrecording would do.

vstrglv

vstrglv

I am trying pull request your branch with command :hg clone https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern && cd magic-lantern && hg update crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets && cd , but got an error:"abort: unknown revision 'crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets'" I am on cygwin (Win10) What is the problem?

Danne

vstrglv

Quote from: Danne on February 11, 2020, 07:20:51 AM
Turn off RAW video while doing screenshots. I did some automation to temporarily disable RAW video when using screenshot function but maybe it fails under certain conditions.
Yes, it works. Thank you.

ilia3101

How does the bit depth option work in crop_rec? I am really concerned about the black level staying the same as it is at 14 bit. I switch to 12 bit, black level is still at 2047. Is it just cutting the top 3/4 of values off?

Danne

Quote from: ilia3101 on February 12, 2020, 02:36:28 PM
Is it just cutting the top 3/4 of values off?
Values of what?
The workaround is very simple. There are analog gain registry that when lowered gives reduced bitdepth. Only white level needs adjusting. Maybe a bad thing but it works so I just kept working with that.
You could test and compare 12bit in crop rec vs raw video.

ilia3101

Ah I see, so it is gain. You are putting a 12 bit range in a 14 bit container (still getting more efficient compession). Not cutting anything off then (GOOD!).

Analog - this explains why black level stays the same. I wonder what the effects on noise are, I seem to get stronger than usual stripes in the shadows, that don't go away with stripe fix.

ProTip: You could do this gain by only 0.1 stops and call it increased dynamic range ;) ;) ;)