Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

* button comes with haflshutter button for good or worse. The other way around is tricky. I assume yoù know a way to assign the ae(*) button cause I don't.
Cheers

garry23

timbytheriver

Hi!

Just cloned your crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Jan01 repo and tried to add my iso-regs code into it.

Think maybe I've done something wrong as the new 'Presets' tab is there – but when I try and select it, it doesn't activate. :(

Can you see something I've done wrong? Maybe I need to add things in different places now...  :o

Ignore pls!

For some reason my crop_rec.mo wasn't compiling at all... Compiled separately and it works now.  Sorry...  :-[

Cheers!
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

timbytheriver

Cool menu edit + new toys... Thanks! :)

Notice that with Sound recording = ON, the camera start/stop beeps don't sound. Turning Sound recording = OFF brings them back. Is this expected behaviour?

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

There's a reason for most things in here ;).

timbytheriver

Got these errors every other couple of shots today with latest build:

Live display; text in red:

'fatal no buffers'

then a few seconds later

'audio failed to stop. read state 3'

only a 3kb file is saved with no content.

Pressing menu then allows a proper recording, but the whole cycle repeats again.

I was recording in 3K as usual, with NO audio, so that's odd!

Anyone replicate this error?

Thanks.
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Tell me exact settings, preset, etc. Preferrably do screenshots or a screenrecording to be sure not to miss anything.

timbytheriver

These are the error screens, but I noticed that Sound recording was enabled – my bad. However, I was running raw_diag.mo. I disabled that module and it seems to be ok again. Never seen that error before!  :o Good to know!

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

How are you running raw_diag module?
Next time reporting issues tell build, set up, enabled modules etc. Tiring with most, not all, 'test reports'  just thrown out there without even basic info.

timbytheriver

QuoteHow are you running raw_diag module?

Just by loading and enabling the module. I only really use it for the raw info readout window.
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Yes, but that indicates you are running older builds. In later build you would see that enabling modules is not there. So, build info is vital.

timbytheriver

I cloned your repo at commit #5a6f55b 2019‑12‑31 and compiled locally.

I can see that you have now enabled modules by default and that the modules tab doesn't display. But if you add other 'extra' modules in – as I did with a1ex's raw_diag.mo – the module tab then appears and can be accessed to enable these extra modules – but the rest of the modules still remain 'invisible'.

So I don't think it is an 'older build'. ?
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Oh, that´s nice. Didn´t know it worked. Jip-Hop worked out the module automation routines. Nice find.

Danne

Added mlv capabilities as for eosm here:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9741.msg224216#msg224216

EDIT: Buggy. Took out the mlv_play fix for now. Needs more testing...

EDIT: Reuploaded. Hopefully bug fixed. Needs testing

Stousen

The anamorphic mode is superb, so much less noise in low light situations.

Right bow i have the slow framing preview and a live preview on atomos shinobi working.
Tho the framing is correct on the canon camera its a bit off on the external monitor. I wonder if its possible to arrange it so that i can get the center position on my external monitor aswell?

//Chris

ilia3101

@Danne do you know why the 5D3 can only record 14 bit with compression in UHD preset?

Could 12/10 bit be added? Or is this something not easy? (I can go in to the code again if needed)

Danne

It could probably be added but I don't know how to do it the "right" way. There are comments about reducing bits in mlv_lite.c.

But, meanwhile it should work with my bitdepth workaround by keeping 14bit lossless in RAW video menu and selecting 10 or 12 bit from Movie tab menu. Should do more or less the same.

ilia3101

Ah ok, this is available with the new "eos m" layout? I will try it out.

Danne

ilia3101

Nice! I will try it very soon. (once I empty my card)

Is this only possible with the recent layout update?

Danne

Can´t remember. I know I added my bitdepth workaround not so long ago to the uhd so that might very well be true. But it´s better to use the latest as I did a lot of cleanup as well so nu reason to stay on the older version.

ilia3101

I think it's true then, I remember I just couldn't find any way to change bitdepth in the previous build.

I will use the latest of course, I have always done so with magic lantern :)

Danne

Quote from: Ilia3101 on January 15, 2020, 09:35:30 PM
I think it's true then, I remember I just couldn't find any way to change bitdepth in the previous build.

I will use the latest of course, I have always done so with magic lantern :)
Strange. Should have been in the sub menu. Anyway. It´s in Movie tab menu now so can´t be missed in the latest version. Just make sure that it´s set to 14bitlossless in RAW video menu:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg216899#msg216899

ilia3101

Ah I didn't even think it could have been in crop_rec! Spent an entire holiday choosing between 4 second recording times and 20fps :D

Also why are the modules gone in the new build? How does it all work? How do you load a module? Do you think this is the future of magic lantern layout? It feels a whole lot less modular to me :(

Danne

Future, modular? I rearranged and modified to be able to just start the camera and get on using it. It's just another open source project.
Code is there so you can build your own tweaks if there's something you're missing but since you didn't even find the crop mode sub menu in the last build at least enjoy the oppurtunity to lower the bitdepths again ;).
It's not like the modules are gone. They are simply autoenabled. Is there a module you're missing?