Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GullRaDriel

hg update [name of the branch you want to switch on, without the braces]

make clean

make zip

It can complain about module_strings.h missing. On debian testing as I don't know very much yet about it, I commented the include and got it to compile.

I take pointers if any.

timbytheriver

Hmm. Thanks, but that just gets me the current files.

In sourcetree:

1) I have cloned the branch to my local repo
2) Found the commit point (rev 19200) from which I want to compile
3) Image shows my options:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vLiEctKach9jIPcELzfzMGcjtdMwTJtx/view?usp=sharing

I think what I want is 'checkout' but I don't see that option – and I don't want to break the internet by pressing the wrong button!  :o

I'm also not sure when I switch from Sourcetree app to Danne's Compiler.app to do the compiling.

Any help gladly received. Thanks.

Tim
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

1 - In compiler.app source tree needs to be here:
crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets

2 - On top of Source tree gui in your picture where it says "All branches" also select crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets

3 - Double click backwards on any commit back in time and source will get updated into the past revisions

4 - Go back into compiler.app and compile

timbytheriver

Thanks @Danne  :)

When I double clicked on the commit point the message said: 'Switching working copy' (Hope this is correct)

Then I compiled with compiler.app

The resultant compiled zip is labelled with today's date rather than the date of the commit. e.g. crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Oct29.5D3113.zip

Is this correct?

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Quentin

Quote from: Danne on June 16, 2019, 04:41:40 PM
New uploads for the 5DIII:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg216899#msg216899

- Fixed a bug when recording 50/60fps
- Better handling mv720p mode 45/48 fps when going in and out of x10 zom mode

Is X3 back, compatible with 50/60 ?

Danne

Yes, I included x3zoom for these modes. Don´t remember how to reach them. Look in the Crop rec submenu if not present as a static preset menu item.

Stousen

Hi Danne and everyone involved, been following a lot of your work , especially with the eos M. And i thank you all so much for it. Workinh wonders.
I just bought myself a used mark iii. And tried the anamorphic mode, its awesome and the noise is so much cleaner in low light. And image quality superb. Love it. So happy, thanks guys.

I have one question about the anamorphic build, using the latest, on a 1.2.3 firmware.
I tried to understand the problem by reading this thread all over twice but i might not fully understand. When i use the anamorphic mode , the liveview halfshutter x10 works great, and zooms into the center of the image. But the ordinary liveview is focused on a different area, the upper part of the frame, so i cant really know exactly where the middle point of my shot is. Is this a thing that can be changed or is it "common" knowledge to use the method of combininh halfshutter back and forth to know where center point rly is?

Hope it makes sense

Kind regards
S

Danne

There's certainly room for improvements. Check out 2blackbar managing to find center spot for anamorphic mode on the eosm. Same should be doable for the 5diii.

DeafEyeJedi

Who needs Christmas or Santa when we all have @Danne's never-ending magic compiling upon on us every now and then.

Let's all make it snow for once and y'all get your hands dirty on these tests builds and please do report your findings.

Including myself. Especially on the 100D since this so-called DSLR definitely needs some love again. EOSM is just scary good!

Thank YOU for annihilating Santa as always w your charming talents annually, @Danne!  :)
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

New builds:

- Added centered regs for UHD 1:1 preset(Thanks to Ilia3101 who tweaked these)

Dmytro_ua

Wow! Is there a chance your anamorphic to be centered or it has nothing common with this?

5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

Danne

Yes, it should be fixed too. No time atm, maybe Ilia3101 could jump in here  :P

Danne

Quote from: Dmytro_ua on December 11, 2019, 10:52:53 AM
Wow! Is there a chance your anamorphic to be centered or it has nothing common with this?

New version:

- Rearranged cmos1 and seems more centered now for anamorphic modes. Needs testing.

timbytheriver

Testing:

Anamorphic mode has a single horiz 1px(?) white line at base.
If you come out of crop mode, LiveView shows only half the screen.

Or it could just be me...  ???
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Thanks for testing. I uploaded two new builds. Hopefully fixed now. Please test anamorphic again.

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: Danne on December 11, 2019, 08:05:13 PM
Hopefully fixed now. Please test anamorphic again.

I have a green picture and a wrong information on top.

Here is a regular picture:

Here is a 1920 preset:

Here is anamorphic preset:

Danne

1920 preset? I only changed for anamorphic mode. Did you push menu button and back? Fps set to 24 in canon menu?

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: Danne on December 11, 2019, 09:40:15 PM
1920 preset? I only changed for anamorphic mode. Did you push menu button and back? Fps set to 24 in canon menu?

1920 preset - is just for comparison.
I've just found - green picture in anamorphic with problem on top appears when Set 25 fps is ON.
It's ok when Set 25 fps is OFF

Danne

Stousen

Wow! It got fixed by Danne :-* I shall try it out tomorrow aswell! Superb work man..

Cheers
Chris

Danne

New version:

- Slightly different centering for set_25fps but at least it works now. (Anamorphic mode)

timbytheriver

@Danne Both UHD and Anam are now good here! Preview fixed. :) Thanks plenty!
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Stousen

Hey Danne Great work, Cheers, I should try the iso average etc asap. :)
About the centered liveview, It doesn't seem to be centered to me yet. (I don't think my account has the permission to upload images so I can't really show you.)
But to explain in words - When I zoom in 10x to center, it shows another center then what is showing in Live View. The center is further up than the actual center.
Have anyone else got other results?

//Chris