Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

I don´t know if you have x10 focus aid enabled. Try disabling that if it´s the case.

ozcancelik

Quote from: Danne on October 19, 2019, 01:31:52 AM
I don´t know if you have x10 focus aid enabled. Try disabling that if it´s the case.
Tried both on and off. Nothing changed. But for now i use zoom button 2 times then focusing. Not best solution and very slow, but works.[emoji3]

May I ask, do you use 123 or 113?

Danne

Screen recordings preferred that shows your issues. Too much guesswork.

ozcancelik

Quote from: Danne on October 19, 2019, 10:23:29 AM
Screen recordings preferred that shows your issues. Too much guesswork.
There is a video that i record. I hope it helps.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t4SrL51Cvcn_pFS0AusOpHd_CL3QuE15

Also my settings:

I guess I'm missing something to do. :)
Thank you very much for your interest.

Danne

All is working over here. Just tested. Did you set Preview to framing? You find this under RAW video menu settings.

ozcancelik

Quote from: Danne on October 19, 2019, 07:42:44 PM
All is working over here. Just tested. Did you set Preview to framing? You find this under RAW video menu settings.

Yes its Framing.

Danne

Hard to say what is going on but keep testing different settings. Maybe you find the answer eventually. I'm on 1.1.3 by the way.

ozcancelik

Quote from: Danne on October 19, 2019, 09:08:52 PM
Hard to say what is going on but keep testing different settings. Maybe you find the answer eventually. I'm on 1.1.3 by the way.

I guess i found the problem. It's about adtg_ui module. I disabled the module and everything works expected.

Does this module use any code with your crop_rec? I tested and looks fine. Just want to know.

Thanks again Danne!

Danne

Ah, yes. It will interfere with framing. Good catch. I should remove this module as it´s only needed for when looking for registry nad development.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on October 20, 2019, 05:32:57 PM
Ah, yes. It will interfere with framing. Good catch. I should remove this module as it´s only needed for when looking for registry nad development.
Or just leave it disable when installing. Enable when needed for troubleshoot and tests.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

gravitatemediagroup

nothing warms my heart more than seeing progression here

timbytheriver

@Danne

Thanks for new build 'crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Oct15.5D3113.zip'

If I use with iso_regs.mo ON I get strange behaviour of liveview: e.g. in Anamorphic 1360x2300, the liveview image changes its centre point and becomes squished up. Turning iso_regs OFF and restart resets the liveview to normal behaviour.

Is iso_regs not designed to work with crop_rec.mo now?

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Both adtg_gui and, also seemingly, iso_reg module, will affect outcome in some way. Have no idea why so feel free to take a look if you have the time.

timbytheriver

@Danne Righto. Thanks. Maybe something's changed, as previous versions seemed to play nicely with iso_regs.
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

If so, try to narrow down the build where it starts to break.

timbytheriver

@Danne

Reverted to an older build to try and trace errors with iso_regs. Have only got a backup of crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Apr02.5D3113.zip which on my camera is buggy with compression errors. Errors go when I update to most recent – but then whenever iso_regs is enabled the crop_rec previews are all messed up.

Trying to find more recent builds from July19 (which were working well on my camera) on your downloads but can't find them. Have you taken them down? 

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

I can't keep every build. I'd prefer users to take time to compile on their own so I guess if this issue is important enough to fix you simply learn to compile. No priority over here. Need to focus on other things. Good luck.

timbytheriver

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

timbytheriver

@Danne I'm going to try to have a go and jump into ML dev.  :o I've installed via your compiler.app as per here https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=21882.0

The example given at 7) is for 17 EOSM.202

Could you give me some pointers how I'd change this to recompile your earlier Jul22 4K_crop_rec build for 5D3113 ?

Thanks!

PS I have managed to compile today's build, but am stuck on how to find an earlier build!
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Good. I didn't include jumping around in source tree in any easy way with compiler.app so it needs to be done in terminal. You can also work from atlassian source tree gui. In there you can see commits and doubleclick back in time.
Sorry, not a lot of time lately...

timbytheriver

Quote from: Danne on October 28, 2019, 12:50:53 PM
You can also work from atlassian source tree gui. In there you can see commits and doubleclick back in time...
Thanks!

Lots of stuff I don't understand there! I know you're time-poor at moment so could anyone else point out how I work in the source tree gui to compile a specific build?

Thanks

***UPDATE***
I've searched back to find the commit for Jul22 and have managed to download a zip of this by doing https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/get/f0e391b.zip

Now I have this folder, I need to compile it into the final zip... How do I do this?
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Dmytro_ua

I've got Danne's  "crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Jul20.5D3113" build. If you need it I can upload it somewhere.
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

timbytheriver

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on February 26, 2019, 07:56:53 AM

@DeadEyeJedi I have got my install working to the same level as seen in this video now. What I'd like to know is how to compile a build from an earlier commit date in Danne's repo. Do you or anyone else know how?  :o

Cheers all!
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

If you downloaded and got into the correct branch you can still compile from compiler.app after you select a new historical commit. I advice to use Source tree:

timbytheriver

@Danne

Thanks. I have sourcetree installed now.

I'm doing: Open > Remote > Clone a repository > https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern > Destination: /Users/me/magic-lantern

From here I don't know how to select the historical commit or compile. Any pointers?

Thanks.
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2