Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

has_abandonment_issu

Quote from: GullRaDriel on September 13, 2020, 08:58:41 AM
Hello Danne.

Thanks for the build. I'm on firmware 1.13 and with your latest build I have a flashing liveview, alternating from parts of what is in sight with strange colors to full colored pixel view (like a TV without a channel).

Whatever the mode set it's not working and generating corrupted messages and asserts logs if I try to record.

I've tried numerous settings (spanning on/off, various résolutions/bitdepth), no one working.

@70mm what firm are you using ? 1.13 ? Have you wiped the SD before putting the new build ?

Weird, I ran it on 3.113 and didn't run into any issues, are you seeing this in all presets, and not just the 3.5k 5x? I formatted my sd card in camera before installation.

70MM13

i'm also running 1.1.3 and i did wipe the sd card before installing.

maybe you could try downloading again.  could it be a file error that wasn't caught?  all it takes is 1 bit...

i don't have any other suggestions so my fingers are crossed for you!

Danne

New builds:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.msg216899#msg216899

- Added a preset which handles up to 3296x1854(16:9) 24fps and with realtime cropped preview.
Reduced width keeping real time preview according to older findings from theBilalFakhouri.
Enjoy!

Grognard

Thank you Danne! I look forward to test the new build.
With next uncropped realtime preview this old camera will become a brand new 4k camera! ;)

Danne

More like a 3.3k cam but I get you ;).

Uploaded new builds. Reduced height and width slightly to the 3.3k preset due to reports of compression error.

Usual place:

andy kh

Eager to test but im away from my camera atm. Fantastic job btw👍👍
5D Mark III - 70D

Danne

Thanks. Put up some feedback after testing. Good and bad.

stef7

Thanks a lot for the latest build, Danne. It's oustanding ! 3.5K 2:1 aspect ratio at 24fps 1.6 crop. It's basicaly 4K Super35 (APS-C) format. Just perfect for me !
Don't need anamorphic modes anymore.  :)

Not sure if this is a problem or not but modules don't show on the menu.
See only two of them atg_gui and bench. But can see them in the respective folder.
Is this a bug or by design ?

When bench marking a SD card instead for some values for read performance get this message:

malloc error buffer: 16777216

Two difference Sandisk Pro 128G cards, same message.

But the work and report write speeds of 50mb/s

Danne

Nice.
Keep an eye on your recordings around malloc errors. Are they sandisk pro extreme cards? Otherwise might be tricky using sd_uhs module.
Modules are autoloaded in this build. Bench and adtg_gui additional only. Shouldn´t be enabled if not used. Especially adtg_gui will be tricky conflicting with crop rec.

GullRaDriel

Latest tests on latest build:

I got some strange crashes when I tried to record without having x5 on (using 3k 1/1)

But on the other tests with presets 3K x5, it was working and I had a working colored x5 preview while recording.

Very good effort !

I may do some more tests with whatever you come with, but not until friday (busy IRL).

Good job and thanks for the time you're giving us.

Danne

Quote from: GullRaDriel on September 13, 2020, 03:39:39 PM
I got some strange crashes when I tried to record without having x5 on (using 3k 1/1)
Please make a screen recording if you can´t nail down the issue or reproduce it exactly.

has_abandonment_issu

@danne just tried the new build and in the 3.3k preset I got compression errors at roughly 1.5 minutes of recording a few times, but I can't seem to reliably reproduce the error.

I tried going down settings in order:

- card spanning on, nothing else
- bit depth on, nothing else
- overclock and card spanning, nothing else etc.

I had an error with card spanning, overclocking, and bit depth and global draw on, as well as global draw off. It's possible it returns errors with other settings. I tested roughly a minute and a half for each trial.

Unfortunately, when I found an error, restarting and trying again with the same settings did not reliably reproduce the error. I will try more later my camera is currently cooling off.

I will also test the 3.5k preset more vigorously, since I'm eager to use it for product demonstrations for work, so it will get a lot of testing over the next few days.

ozcancelik

Hi Danne,

Just tried 1.13 build for 3.3K realtime preview test. It works just like before for me. Laggy preview. Am I missing something?

Screen record :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_ScednT0ms1jKB_DBjILxOEhfwAnyTG/view?usp=sharing

ozcancelik

Quote from: ozcancelik on September 13, 2020, 07:18:07 PM
Hi Danne,

Just tried 1.13 build for 3.3K realtime preview test. It works just like before for me. Laggy preview. Am I missing something?

Screen record :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_ScednT0ms1jKB_DBjILxOEhfwAnyTG/view?usp=sharing

Edit: also tried canon menu button magic, nothing changed.

Bender@arsch

Quote from: ozcancelik on September 13, 2020, 07:20:11 PM

Have you tried global draw off?

@Danne
I have the same problem as has_abandonment_issu in 3.3K.

But 3.5 works very well.
nice work!

Danne

I see. I think I need to shave down a few more pixels then. Let me test some.
EDIT. What resolution are you using?

has_abandonment_issu

Quote from: Danne on September 13, 2020, 07:26:19 PM
I see. I think I need to shave down a few more pixels then. Let me test some.
EDIT. What resolution are you using?

I was reducing resolution to allow for continuous recording in each case. From 2.8k to max. I got one error at a lower resolution with global draw on, and also at max resolution with all settings checked and global draw off.

Danne

Ok, I shaved some height and width. Maybe it´ll fix it. If not I have to check timers. Later on that is. Downloads at usual location.

I also got my not yet released application "Switch mini" working with spanned files. Simply drag both cards at once onto Switch mini, then select (CS) setting and follow the instructions.

https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch_mini-git/src/master/
Download:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch_mini-git/get/db5140d40a12.zip

Thanks for feedback.

ozcancelik

Thanks. It worked. 5x-3.3K preset continuous recording ~2.8K with global draw off.  When recording, preview is realtime but broken colors. Also when change fps, camera freezes. When change global draw, camera freezes. Not much can be done due to the camera freezing.

Quote from: Bender@arsch on September 13, 2020, 07:23:14 PM
Have you tried global draw off?

@Danne
I have the same problem as has_abandonment_issu in 3.3K.

But 3.5 works very well.
nice work!

Danne

Whatever makes the camera freeze. Don't do it.

has_abandonment_issu

Quote from: Danne on September 13, 2020, 08:06:12 PM
Whatever makes the camera freeze. Don't do it.

Hahhahahahha. Good advice,

We are currently at a rough limit of 6 megapixels at 24fps or 144 megapixels per second.

I'm not sure if it's possible to squeeze any more out of the 5d mkiii, but for reference we are just 10% away (3840x1920) from this camera being viable for producing Netflix content! Well like 15% away if you count total resolution area but it's amazing how much you guys have managed to push this camera

ZEEK

Quote from: Danne on September 13, 2020, 07:52:17 PM
I also got my not yet released application "Switch mini" working with spanned files.
Sounds like a really cool transcoding app, well done! Ive been busy recently, but with free time now I'll test out the new M Build out, see how it goes. I know it's a work in progress, but honestly, it's a miracle where the camera is right now. Cheers for all the work! 🔥🎥👍
EOS M

Danne

Please feel free to test. Hadn´t had time to publish anything yet.

Danne

Got word from has_abandonment_issues about 3.3k preset working with this version. Missed uploading yesterday:
New builds:

ozcancelik

Crash has become much less. Doesn't crashed when changing global draw. It "sometimes" crash when changing FPS. I was able to record 24 frames 3264x1366 continuously. (8 minutes). There is overlay pattern when recording but it does not prevent shooting. Also image becomes greenish.

Also it would be nice if the size that is seen on the screen and the size taken is the same.

Quote from: Danne on September 14, 2020, 04:55:53 PM
Got word from has_abandonment_issues about 3.3k preset working with this version. Missed uploading yesterday:
New builds: